• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What lights does everyone have?

The only think I don't like about the kragen lights is the beam pattern, they look like they're replicatinga chinaman's eyes :D They're super shallow and thin.

Weird that you say that, I wouldn't want any other pattern really... Maybe im just whack like that. fo sho. put down the beer

An oval pattern wouldn't be bad at all. I know a kid with two Hella HID converted spots on his Ranger and dear mother of Pearl, why? lmao

HID rule all!! Kragens are a good affordable way to get into performance lighting, the reality though is Soltek and Hella have much higher quality lights.... I have had my Hella Rallyer 4000's for 5 years now, and they are still XTREMELY Bright!! Of course I converted them to Hids.....

Agreed, I love my Soltek's!

l_6ef0918902b446e6a2960a8e9938306b.jpg

Are those the 8" 100w halogen lights for 139 each? If not what are they where and how much?

thanks,

and your saying the 100 w halogens from soltek are brighter than the kragen hid's? do you have a separate battery for the lights? Or Are you just using one optima or any other high quality battery as a main?

Sorry for all the q's but I bought this light rack below from the fat city team and i need to mount it asap but i havn't baught lites yet so i'm in the market.
fatcityrack.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot A95 at 2009-07-23

The light output will be similar, just different color. The main benefit to running HID's is way less amp draw on the electric system. At 12V, a 100 watt halogen will draw 8.33 amps each. A 35 watt HID will draw 2.9 amps each. So running multiple lights is a lot easier on the alternator with the HIDs.

I have vision X 6" lights that I converted to HID's with Tony's kits. I went from 100 watt halogens, to 35 watt HIDs, and the Halogens were definitely brighter. I think you would want a 55 watt HID to be equal to a 100+ watt halogen.

and your saying the 100 w halogens from soltek are brighter than the kragen hid's? do you have a separate battery for the lights? Or Are you just using one optima or any other high quality battery as a main?

Sorry for all the q's but I bought this light rack below from the fat city team and i need to mount it asap but i havn't baught lites yet so i'm in the market.
fatcityrack.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot A95 at 2009-07-23

whar alternaters are ya'll running with the high wattage halogens? zj 5.9's? I think 5-90's got the low down on some good alternators. may want to contact him before you get some.

i run procomp 9911's on the roof they are a 9" light . i swapped out the 55w for 100w bulbs. on the bumper i have some old skool kc 150w daylighters. i also have hella h4 100w bulbs in the headlights. its like daylight and a good excuse to run dual batteries.

hella 500's HID -- ok, great onroad, Good offroad....

then of course...

hella 4000's... HID are just the shit, with an even better pattern,

kragen is not a reputable lighting source, youtube video or not =\

If I was going to buy lights I'd buy Lightforce, because from what I've read I'd only have to buy them once.

Back