• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this and where does it go???

BoBDoG2o02

NAXJA Forum User
I saw this connector and dont know where it goes? I dont have any function from my oil pressure gauge, could this be the problem?

Last edited:
That would be the back half of a broken oil pressure sensor. Should see whats left of the nut side of it screwed in just above the oil filter.

Could anyone take a picture of it hooked up correctly so i know how it should look?

For this off google. It goes something like this. Supposed to be parallel with the filter though. This guy moved his.
my8u8e3e.jpg

Well, at least they did not let it leak all over the place, so they're cheap, and probably idiots, but at least they're clean.

Right, but why a bleeder? Why not just a bolt as a plug. Could have put the 5$ for the bleeder toward the $23 sensor..... ?
I got it all fixed up, good pressure too, the rig has 325,000 miles. I like to know some stuff about engine vitals....

Right, but why a bleeder? Why not just a bolt as a plug. Could have put the 5$ for the bleeder toward the $23 sensor..... ?
I got it all fixed up, good pressure too, the rig has 325,000 miles. I like to know some stuff about engine vitals....
A bolt wouldn't seal well - those are 1/8"-27 NPT threads.

Then you are a fool.
You are being dumb. Again.

I run Fram filters because I still have a few left and my 4.0s are sick enough that most of them are either coming out and going into storage as rebuildable blocks/emergency spares, or coming out and getting bearing-slapped and built into generators. Once I run out, no more Frams. They're not built as well and the amount you save per year by running em isn't enough to justify it.

They're not built as well and the amount you save per year by running em isn't enough to justify it.

There are a lot of filters out there and the Frams are as decent as any.

Being a brand whore is foolish. Especially when there are no facts to back you up.

Being a brand whore is foolish.
I'm not the one whoring for Fram here. :conceited

I don't know why I'm even bothering with this, I really don't give all that much of a damn either way. I will take a new Fram over an old used filter from another brand, but given the choice I'll run something else if I have to buy one, basically. Have fun being the only person here who actually likes Fram though.

Yep. And I wonder what brand that oil filter is.............

Judging from the can color and the sticker that is a Purolator PureOne.

Back