• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this and where does it go???

Yeah, I won't use fram either after seeing a comparison of.internals. I like my.napa gold (wix)

Yep, go with what's good. Wix or Napa Gold. Even Napa Silver if you change every 3000 miles. I've seen too many posts on many different forums where low oil pressure resulted right after a Fram filter installation.

I prefer wix filters but i bought the oil/filter on slae at pep-boys. The Pure one is my favorite of their selection. I have seen an analysis of some 40 filters the were USED then cut apart and analyzed on the particulate size and concentration. Wix killed it in this test, Fram barely cought anything. I would sooner use a centifugal seperator than a fram. Cardboard endcaps, come on. Junk.

I prefer wix filters but i bought the oil/filter on slae at pep-boys. The Pure one is my favorite of their selection. I have seen an analysis of some 40 filters the were USED then cut apart and analyzed on the particulate size and concentration. Wix killed it in this test, Fram barely cought anything. I would sooner use a centifugal seperator than a fram. Cardboard endcaps, come on. Junk.

Yup. An oil filter that's best attribute is on the OUTSIDE is a piece of shit.

Defending Fram's total disregard for our beloved Jeeps in their filter design seems kinda weird to me.

Especially when there are no facts to back you up.
BS. Just search here and take a look at how many people had oil pressure issues while using a Fram. Talk about a brand whore.

All the filter testing I've read has fram at the cheap/low end. Problems with low oil pressure (restriction), drainback valves leaking, etc. No thanks. I'll stick with my wix/napa golds.

I've got a fram air filter sitting here next to a napa gold. Even in the air filters, they skimp. Souske snapped a picture of it.

been running the same fram air filter in my jeep for like 5 years.. never an issue. clean it out once in a while and keep going. I have run 5 or 6 types of oil filter in my jeep from wix to fram... they've all worked the same. I stopped caring a long time ago. I do all of the oil changes on my family's vehicles... they usually get frams. never had a problem. the first BMW went over 350k miles. my jeep is over 200k, the other jeep is over 100k, my civic is at 150k my mom drives a newer BMW that gets a wix or bosch because those are the only brands I can find it in. all the cars run on the same oil.

my point is simply that fram filters are not going to collapse your jeep and explode your engine. the cheapest filter is going to be the cheapest filter. you get what you pay for. fram has several grade of oil filter, their higher end stuff is just as good as any in the same price range. it really makes no difference.

if you still think that putting a fram filter on your jeep is going to cause it to go up in flames, read this, open your mind a bit.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/e...visit-frams-r-d-facility-dayton-ohio-1261517/

My two cents.... I have probably installed more filters than most guys on here I'm sure. For the last twelve plus years I worked at a shop. Fram was our primary filter used. NEVER did I ever see any indication that those filters caused any kind of failure or problem. Im not gonna say that they are the best filter out there or even that they are as good as any other, but I can't say I've ever seen a problem with them.

Fram is the best marketer out there and that is why we ran them at the shop in case anyone was wondering. Most customers want to see a name they recognize, that's the only reason we used them.

if a reputable business cant educate their customers and upsell a product then well, tough crap. Your markup is based on cost, the higher the cost the more the mark up........ Sell quality stuff and justify to your customers.

I work on fire alarms, code dictates batteries cant be more than 5 years older than their manufacture date. We regulary sell batteries twice as expensive as the cheapest thing because we have TEST DATA that proves that the higher $$$ product performs better and will last all 5 years.

Thanks for the follow up!

Back