• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are your plans for this summers high fuel prices?

Ill start fires with some gas, clean my parts in some gas, mow the lawn and the neighbors for no reason, drive my 8mpg Chevy's, take pointless roadtrips, idle my jeep for hours on end, and gas up for driving to work.

Eh, it's gonna suck, no two ways about it. I'll be more inclined to drive my CJ to the trailhead rather than pull it behind the F-250, and will probably wheel a little less overall. Other than that, just suck it up at the pump and do my thing.

I'll work harder so I can keep playing hard. All my hobbies run on gas, I do drive a 4cyl camery to work tho.

Is it just me or do you guy's and gals hate hearing about record profits from gas and oil comanies. really pi$$e$$ me off.

fubar XJ said:
Eh, it's gonna suck, no two ways about it. I'll be more inclined to drive my CJ to the trailhead rather than pull it behind the F-250, and will probably wheel a little less overall. Other than that, just suck it up at the pump and do my thing.

Dunno about you, but I get better mileage in my diesel towing the jeep than I would driving the jeep.

J

Avanteone said:
What am I gonna do? I'm gonna keep bitching about fuel prices, keep fueling up my truck and all my toys, and continue to enjoy my hobbies which are ALL motorsports related.

John

Yup. X2

Having a company vehicle also helps keep more money in my pocket to fill up my toys.

Avanteone said:
Dunno about you, but I get better mileage in my diesel towing the jeep than I would driving the jeep.

J
Nope, unfortunately. 1989 F-250 4x4, 160K miles, 7.5L = 8.5 mpg. :( Doesn't seem to matter if I'm towing or not, it sucks regardless.

The CJ gets about 10 around town, 12-ish on the highway. Running out to Reiter or Walker it makes more sense to drive the CJ rather than tow it, both are about an hour away. Evans, Elbe or Manastash are really too far to drive that rig comfortably. Plus, Manastash is always a long weekend trip, I need the sleeping arrangements and ability to pack gear that the truck provides.

yeah my truck has a stock 350 in it and i use 80 gallons of gas round trip down to coos bay from salem.

thats with the camper on and towing the buggy but going down I5 i'm almost floored just to keep up with traffic.

once i get off I5 at drain it does okay.

but the freeway just kills that thing.

i have an engine i'm going to slap together though.

hopefully get me a little more power and keep me out of the secondaries.

All of my rigs suck gas. Wife's Durango is good for about 15-17 mpg around town, XJ around 12-14, CJ 10-12, truck a measly 8-9. :(

I need to break down and buy a commuter, but then I have to factor in extra licensing and insurance, not to mention where to park the damn thing. Fortunately, I'm only about 10 miles from work each way.

My Dodge is getting about 20-22 MPG as my DD. That's about twice what I was getting driving the Jeep everyday. It's really nice to go two or three weeks between fill-ups instead of once a week. I think its really cool that I reduced my fuel usage by buying a full size truck on 35's! Wifes got a Suby that averages 24-25mpg, 30 on the freeway. The fuel prices hurt, but I'm still gonna wheel.

-Jeremy

Great news from Connecticut, Diesel finally went over $4.00 a gal!!! Don't worry it is safely @ $4.29 :clap: WOW I might have to make my trailer queen street-able. I could post a pic, but like computers, it will be out of date tomorrow.

Pat

My girl works 2 or 3 blocks from our apartment, so she is going to walk and drive the jeep when it rains. My other ride is a 2002 corolla 5spd. 37 mpg is awesome.

I didnt move to washington to drive on the roads though. Any money saved will be promptly spent on the jeep. :)

Don't waste gas, make her walk in the rain.:wave:

For everything else... There's Mastercard.

Good way of looking at it. That's awesome!!!!

Back