• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird noises and track bar issue ?

ricot83

NAXJA Member #1297
I just lifted my xj to 4.5" and am still using my superlift adjustable track bar. I have a metal on metal sound when I am driving and hit a small bump and I think It might be my track bar but am not sure. I will find out this weekend for sure hopefully what the hell the noise is.

anyway my question is if I make or buy an hd track bar mount like RE has, can I retain the heim joint I have and just use the sleeves that I have as well?

I am just curious becuase it is an upgrade I might be interested in eventually or sooner than I want if I need to.

If you buy the HD mount, go with the RE joint or a Currie Joint.

Also your trac bar should be parallel to the earth / your axle.

Heims in steering are pointless if you drive your junk on the road. They are too expensive for the good ones, and they wear out way too quickly. You can get a steering stabilizer to slow the wear, but in the end it will just mask your problems.

problem with that is I dont knwo what thread super lift uses on the damned heim end, otherwise i would be getting a new end from somewhere else and throw it on.

i trie dthat and they wont tell me anything.

ricot83 said:
i trie dthat and they wont tell me anything.

Can you take the track bar off and take it to a supply place? Or a hardware store that has some fasteners.

Try calling superlift again and finding out. Use the "let me talk to your supervisor" line. If they don't give you the info, that is crap customer service.

Back