• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley November 8th

I'm out. Been at work since 2am. Wont be outa here till 1030 or so. Have fun and take pics. Oh and get wet for me.

So how'd it go?

~Scott

Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped out! I really appreciate your help and wonderful attitudes.

I will provide a full disertation later but at the moment I need to get cleaned up and get something to eat. I am starving.

Thanks again,
Michael

Tire worked alright on the way home?

3 people rolled on the rockface, I was able to crawl up the smashed and overturned jeeps just barely and conquer the obsticle.;)

-Alex

:roflmao:

Actually, somebody did finally make it up the rockface, even though it was wet and covered in leaves. :shhh:

We made some progress on the expressway by-pass by spreading a few loads of rock on it, but it appears to be holding up very well. Even after the torrential downpour we have been getting for the last 4-5 days.

Thanks for all the help today from those who participated. Especially Deb and Willy who let us abuse their MJ with loads of gravel.

I forgot to add:

Michael's trailer = FAIL!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: That's easy for you to say! You didn't have to follow him down the trail and tell him to stop every hundred feet so we could put another rachet strap onto it. I wonder how is wife likes it's new look.:shhh:

-Alex

I got up there around 11:30 and left at around 4.

Prob. 1
Ripped off my CB antenna and couldn't contact anyone.

Prob. 2
Phone died.

Prob. 3
Batteries for my GPS lasted for about 45 minutes.

Prob. 4
Drove around forever without knowing where I was.

Sorry guys.

Damn really Rich, I called you at like 930ish when we were rolling outta the parking lot and your phone went straight to voicemail. Yeah Walker is pretty confusing, the gravel roads seem to go in circles. And Michael likes to travel in squares. ;)

-Alex

Prob. 1

Prob. 2
Phone died.

Prob. 3

Prob. 4

Sorry guys.

That really sucks dude.

I grooved my tires last night and was stoked to try 'em out but only managed to hit some "safe" areas. With no one to recover me if something bad happened, I chose to play it safe and just drove the fire trails. I must have spent an hour on CH 4, 5, and 7 just calling out for anyone from NAXJA before I finally checked the rattle on my roof to find out it was my antenna.
Well, I hope everything when well and good progress was made. Once again, sorry for not making it, and not being familiar enough with Walker to lend a hand.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: That's easy for you to say! You didn't have to follow him down the trail and tell him to stop every hundred feet so we could put another rachet strap onto it. I wonder how is wife likes it's new look.:shhh:

-Alex

It was such a cute little trailer. It even liked to mark its territory by spreading gravel down the trail...except where we were trying to take it. At least the drop hitch held up well. :clap:

We had a great time today and were glad to help out. It is nice that we don't have to make any more circles around the same trail over and over and over.....

Michael, we just got home not long ago. For volunteer hours, that puts us leaving at 7 AM and returning about 9 PM. 14 hours for is quite a day's work for Deb and I. I thought this was supposed to be the weekend. :laugh3:

Willy

It is nice that we don't have to make any more circles around the same trail over and over and over.....

There is always next time.:wave: Hey Rich, you got any pictures of the grooves you made in your swampers? How long did it take to do all 4 of them? I am thinking that I want to cut my BFG's.

-Alex

Yep, my trailer is pretty abused, that plan didn't work very well. I should be able to put it back into usable condition again, I hope.

Yes, the fix a flat worked wonders and it held air the whole way home and isn't leaking anymore.

I love the folding lights on the roof, they were great in the dark.

Lower Mainline is completely unrecognizable after the tree sale!! WOW that is like a totally new place. It isn't as difficult as it used to be but it was still pretty tight and sloppy. And Axle Hill is totally gone.

Michael

Those lights were amazingly bright Michael, I didn't get too good of a look at the changes you made since NWF, but I guess you have a way to keep them more stable now? Rock lights really really help at night, I cannot stress how much I enjoy having mine while wheeling.

-Alex

...Lower Mainline is completely unrecognizable after the tree sale!! WOW that is like a totally new place. It isn't as difficult as it used to be but it was still pretty tight and sloppy. And Axle Hill is totally gone.

Michael

might as well be paved now!!! lol. Its way different, its kind of a trip driving through there now

Prob. 1

Prob. 2
Phone died.

Prob. 3

Prob. 4
Sorry guys.

There is a PDF link for a map of walker, its nice to have printed out and in your jeep, especialy if your not familiar with the area, i have been up there hundreds of times and some times it takes me a minute or 2 to figure out where i am or which direction to go. I also think they have maps somewhere at the parking lot for future reference.

Back