• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley November 8th

I'm still planning on making it. I may just have to park my Jeep in the staging area and ride bitch. Until I get my Swampers cut, they will continue to suck in the mud.

Until I get my Swampers cut, they will continue to suck in the mud.

Rich, When and what swampers did you get? How can you possibly say they suck in the mud? What do you mean by "cut" (Siped or Grooved?)

It will be wet, plan on it raining, being cold, and muddy.

Michael

I got a set of 33" TSL Swampers and judging by the way they handled in the snow last weekend, I can't imagine that they would be much better on the slick rock and muddy hill climbs.
I am planning on grooving the center lines for better traction. My Kelly MSR's blew these things away in the snow. Not too impressed.

33x10.5 Thornbirds

I got a set of 33" TSL Swampers and judging by the way they handled in the snow last weekend, I can't imagine that they would be much better on the slick rock and muddy hill climbs.
I am planning on grooving the center lines for better traction. My Kelly MSR's blew these things away in the snow. Not too impressed.

Swampers are not knows for there snow performance, but can be made to work pretty well if you groove and sipe them. They do perform reasonably well in the deep stuff though. They are known for their mud performance and I don't think you will be disappointed in their performance on the muddy hill climbs. I do believe that they perform very well around here when grooved and siped. I couldn't be happier with my decision to go to the same tire and didn't run them un-grooved but I love them all year round.

Michael

I'm slapping a set of the MSRs on the wife's ZJ this weekend. They are just great all around tires. Good Call.

out Fixing all my jeep issues tomorrow.

:looser:

Actually I'm not 100% sure I'm bringing my jeep, I will be there though.

Ive got about 1000lbs of crap in the back of my jeep right now, I only want to unload it once.

What is with all of you "fair weather" wheelers? :D

We have a bobcat for loading the trucks/trailers.
We will be loading from the top and can access it via the main road if prefered (the gate will be open). I have made a custom 15" drop hitch for my little garden trailer and it is all loaded on the trailer and ready to go.

See you guys in the morning. 9:00 AM at the parking area!!

Michael

If you need a truck/trailer, I'm sure we could work out a package deal. :)

Does that include a place to park my jeep? I dont think my apt manager will enjoy having a truck/trailer and jeep in front of my apt.

If you wanna just ride down with me tomorrow morning shoot me a PM and we can meet up. Theirs no point for you to drive all the way down if your not bringing your jeep.

-Alex

Back