• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley November 8th

Last day on my 30, I can has fun?

Joe,
I think it would be reasonably difficult to break a D30 with your tires on that obstacle without going belly up when it is dry.
If it is wet (most likely) it is will be even more difficult to break the D30.
But it might be fun to watch.
Michael

So not true Michael, were you there in the spring when the red CJ busted a 44 front shaft? On the rockface, while dry mind you.

-Alex

Yes, I was there. As I remember it happened on the bypass, not on the rockface. Also, wasn't it just a broken U-joint?

You can prove me wrong if you wish ;)

Michael

It was on the rockface, but he was not heading up the mainline of the rockface. He was in the place between the big stump and the rock wall (where everyone rolls into) wedged a tire and either broke a short side shaft or a joint... Can't remember.

-Alex

It was on the rockface, but he was not heading up the mainline of the rockface. He was in the place between the big stump and the rock wall (where everyone rolls into) wedged a tire and either broke a short side shaft or a joint... Can't remember.

-Alex

Either way, completely different ;)
Michael

Sorry guys, started my new job and i work saturdays now :gonnablow So I will have to bow out. PJ was going to ride with me up there so unless he can get another way up there he might not either. :bs:

Deb and I are planning on coming. Hopefully with the MJ.

Willy

My friend with the truck cant make it to haul gravel for us, he has to work:passgas:

Borrow his truck. And hypnotize him to forget any knowledge of past incidents at the rock face. :flipoff:

Borrow his truck. And hypnotize him to forget any knowledge of past incidents at the rock face. :flipoff:

lol i doubt he would let me borrow his truck, i borrowed his 4runner and sucked a little water up the intake and filled a piston with water, he will never let me forget about it even though it was a total accident and i had the truck running 15 min after it happened.

If a quad with a trailer hitch would be of any use, i have one that i could bring

This might be really useful. I will be bringing my Yard Trailer (perfect behind a quad). How many MJ's or alternatives are coming?

Michael

I can't make it. have to pick up my final strike check in the A.M., then pull the T-case in preparation of me and Tequila Brian splitting it and replacing the lock ring.

Sorry fellas, good luck up there.

This might be really useful. I will be bringing my Yard Trailer (perfect behind a quad). How many MJ's or alternatives are coming?

Michael

I'll be there. How much do we need to haul? Half the bed is occupied by the tool box and spare.

Willy

I'm planning on coming and bringing a buddy in a TJ. We will bring our shovels. I also have a post-hole digger if you need it. I don't have access to a trailer.

Note: the post hole digger was requested for the first expressway cleanup.

I suspect we will be moving about 3-5 yards of rock. Several trips a short distance on the trail, loading and unloading at each end.
Yes, please bring shovels (flat blades even better).
Post hole digger could be useful if you don't mind bringing it.

MJ's will be VERY helpful.

Doug, sorry you can't make it, good luck with the TC.

Michael

Back