• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Velocity stack

Since we are on the subject, I would love to see gains (or losses) from someone converting the intake to a single stock size side draft throttle body. Any takers? Can't imagine even that would perform well except at the redline.

Bueller?

Since we are on the subject, I would love to see gains (or losses) from someone converting the intake to a single stock size side draft throttle body. Any takers? Can't imagine even that would perform well except at the redline.

Bueller?

I have thought about that,l think I could modify the stock 4cyl intake into a side draft,the stock throttle body or a 4.0 should work in any position,on the xj master cyl is a in the way (minor detail). Not sure it would be worth the work on a stock engine,but something to think about. It should help at all speeds as the air flow does not have to change direction,basicly a ( semi) straight shot. Thanks

Since we are on the subject, I would love to see gains (or losses) from someone converting the intake to a single stock size side draft throttle body.

Would those be SU or Zenith Stromberg?

I finished the work on the velocity stack on my 4 cyl ,2.5 xj,5 spd. The stack worked out to 2.625 inches long,all I could get and still run the air cleaner. As I said I don't have a dyno, there was a noticeable change in performance,(not the kind I had hoped for). The power started leveling off around 4400 to the point of no need to to turn it any higher. Drove it two days , no change. I removed the stack, when back to the stock 2.5 set up, did not remove the battery cables , ran as before would pull steadily and smoothly past 5200. I said I would let you know,I do not consider it wasted time . Thanks

I finished the work on the velocity stack on my 4 cyl ,2.5 xj,5 spd. The stack worked out to 2.625 inches long,all I could get and still run the air cleaner. As I said I don't have a dyno, there was a noticeable change in performance,(not the kind I had hoped for). The power started leveling off around 4400 to the point of no need to to turn it any higher. Drove it two days , no change. I removed the stack, when back to the stock 2.5 set up, did not remove the battery cables , ran as before would pull steadily and smoothly past 5200. I said I would let you know,I do not consider it wasted time . Thanks

Pics?

Pics or it didn't happen. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not very nice to call a person a liar. Why would I lie about something like working on my Jeep,I was just passing on what I tried in hope of it would help answer a question no one seemed to have ever tried. Grow Up.

well...

"pics or it didn't happen" is about the second most common phrase on the internet.

doesn't matter how thin skinned you are, that's one you have to learn to accept.

When did this site change from Jeeps to name calling? I could put together photos of Jeep stuff similar appearing to the work I did, still would not guarantee that it happened. My post on the velocity stacks is true it happened. Sorry you do not believe me,your loss.

nobody called you a liar

nobody called you a name.

take a deep breath.

internet-memes-joseph-ducreux-pics.jpg

When did this site change from Jeeps to name calling? I could put together photos of Jeep stuff similar appearing to the work I did, still would not guarantee that it happened. My post on the velocity stacks is true it happened. Sorry you do not believe me,your loss.

Maybe you could do something to shut us all up? I see on one of your posts that you said you have been in the metal fab business for 20 some years and you are from Piedmont area NC.

I grew up there until I went to college and desperately sought out fab shops to buy metal and have tabs and brackets cut out of plate. Never heard of such type of shop in that area especially from the wheeling community that is there (unless you are jones metal works).

What I am trying to say is we live in a digital world. Credibility for anything announced on the internet is backed up with a real picture of some sort. It is basically a standard. Maybe if your business or fab shop had some pictures of work some you do the wheeling community could direct money to your business.

Almost every forum on the internet has users making large claims, getting butt hurt trying to defend it, then eventually pissing off the forum veterans which leads to them getting a forum suspension or banned from the website. So go ahead and keep on telling people to "grow up" and "your loss" for not believing you :passgas: Until you prove people wrong with actual evidence be prepared to be grilled :flame:

I must have hit a sore spot when I said grow up and your loss, a simple " some pics would make your post easier to understand "compared to "no pics so I did not do it". Do not not know your age or back ground,but us old guys have been around and learned a few things and most don,t mind sharing (your loss). As far as pissed off, takes a lot more than this stuff. Please look at the wording of how you replied to my post ,why respond to anyone that is basicly on your side like that. And now as I read it I am the one pissing off the veteran members. As the large claims I was making,please read the post,I showed an idea
I had for a velocity stack on a 2.5 did not work for me on my xj. Thanks

Back