• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSA idiocy

The whole "strip civilians naked and feel em up" is one thing. Whether it's necessary, (not) or prevents any kind of terrorism (not) doesn't really matter.

These idiots looked at solders carrying rifles, who had already been through security, and already boarded and flew on an aircraft(the aircraft they were re-boarding) and wanted them to give up nail clippers.

I'm pretty sure, if I was coming back from a combat tour, and some idiot tried that, I'd use the rifle to teach said idiot the military meaning of the term "butt-stroke" (the Army/Infantry definition, not the Navy one :D )
Then I'd calmly ask the guy, while he was laying on the floor, in a pool of his own blood, if he was sure an un-loaded rifle couldn't be used as a weapon.

Then I'd just say, "PTSD,... I have an appointment with a psychiatrist when we get back to base."

But that is the way the business model works. Prove to the client that your company can provide a cost plus contract for less dollars an hour and you are in. The manager who awards your contract gets a bonus based on how much was saved, so he won't care about quality. The contractor now has an approved profit and overhead % so to stay competive, he has to keep wages down so he can only retain brain dead XXXXs who will never care about quality.
And if the contractor desires additional training for his workers, he will assuredly be told by his client representative that there is no budget for it.

Is it racial or ethnic profiling to look harder at those who are more likely to be threats? Seriously, if a company of the us military returning from a tour in the middle east, or a pair of octogenarians get screened equally or more than a shabily dressed, incoherent bhurka wearer then what the hell is the problem?!!

Oh-oh it looks like I am incoherent. Sorry but airport " security" frustrates me. I mean, you want to be secure? Fire all the baggage handlers first. Who hasn't had stuff stolen from checked luggage? I figure if they can get stuff out, they can get it in.

The whole "strip civilians naked and feel em up" is one thing. Whether it's necessary, (not) or prevents any kind of terrorism (not) doesn't really matter.

These idiots looked at solders carrying rifles, who had already been through security, and already boarded and flew on an aircraft(the aircraft they were re-boarding) and wanted them to give up nail clippers.

I'm pretty sure, if I was coming back from a combat tour, and some idiot tried that, I'd use the rifle to teach said idiot the military meaning of the term "butt-stroke" (the Army/Infantry definition, not the Navy one :D )
Then I'd calmly ask the guy, while he was laying on the floor, in a pool of his own blood, if he was sure an un-loaded rifle couldn't be used as a weapon.

Then I'd just say, "PTSD,... I have an appointment with a psychiatrist when we get back to base."

:yelclap::yelclap: well said

i have been saying for a while that its time the American People stand up to the thousands standing around-TSA.

Not to smart cause then if you are actually diagnosed you'll never register another firearm in your name....

But your right i use the same line all the time as a joke.

Not to smart cause then if you are actually diagnosed you'll never register another firearm in your name....

But your right i use the same line all the time as a joke.

not true. federal law currently prohibits a vet from being denied a firearm because of phyc disability from the VA. dont ask how many i have

not true. federal law currently prohibits a vet from being denied a firearm because of phyc disability from the VA. dont ask how many i have

Good to know, I (as well as a few of my brothers) was always under a different impression, I'll do some searching around but do you have any information readily at hand to this effect. If so so do you mind shooting that my way in a PM. Thanks.

Josh

Incidentally, my sincerest apologies to any sailors. 'Spent 4 yr in the army, but my father put 20 in as an Aviation Machinist's Mate, and retired as a CPO. The joke just kind-of wrote itself,... ;)

Good to know, I (as well as a few of my brothers) was always under a different impression, I'll do some searching around but do you have any information readily at hand to this effect. If so so do you mind shooting that my way in a PM. Thanks.

Josh

i dont have a referance on hand, but i recall in the news a few months ago talking about a proposal that would have eliminated the protection we have for it.

edit: http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,151321,00.html

Last edited:
Incidentally, my sincerest apologies to any sailors. 'Spent 4 yr in the army, but my father put 20 in as an Aviation Machinist's Mate, and retired as a CPO. The joke just kind-of wrote itself,... ;)

No apology necessary. :gee: Inter-Service jokes are always taken as such; just had to respond. It was kinda funny.

There is absolutely no way the Israeli method would work in the U.S.

The Israeli method requires competent professionals to do the work.

In the U.S. the best they could come up with is incompetent union trolls.

Back