• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSA idiocy

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Probably everyone has heard the "three-year-old groped" and the "don't touch my junk" guy, but this takes the cake:

Soldiers coming home from Afghanistan.
This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

Link to story at Redstate.com

I once argued with a TSA guy because I had a brand new Craftsman 17mm combination wrench in my carry-on, which was exactly 1/8" longer than allowed for tools. I asked him what he expected me to do with it, one single wrench, fix the plane? He set it aside but I demanded that he put it in the trash.

... which he then picked out o the trash when you were out of sight.

I'm getting real tired of the TSA.

I understand how this started. We were afraid. In exchange for security, we gave up some convenience, a bit of freedom to go where we want, when we want; even a bit of privacy of our person and belongings.

But when we are presumed guilty until we prove ourselves innocent by going though this machine, or a full pat down... This is contrary to our constitution, our system of justice, and how we expect to be treated.

Well, the Pilots got out of it. Next will be the attendants.

... I'm getting real tired of the TSA.

Well, the Pilots got out of it. Next will be the attendants.

Nothing raises my blood pressure more than my grandkids misbehavin in a resturant than dealing with a TSA inspector.

Never met a TSA inspector that didn't learn everything about security from watchin Dragnet and Adam-12 reruns.

I traveled extensively in 2002-2009 often times in uniform. In San Diego was asked to remove the ribbons and badges from my uniform and so was the Admiral I was traveling with. In Seattle, I disturbed the TSA inspector, the one up front checking boarding passes. He was busy, reading the Quran. In New Orleans it took me longer to explain to the TSA inspector that military, traveling under orders were exempt from secondary inspection, including providing a copy of the memo from the SecTransportation Mineta, than if I had just submitted to their worthless search.

These rules will change also...as soon as it impacts making money. No carry-ons on the plane? That rule changed with a drop in business on puddle jumpin flights. No liquids on a plane? That changed as soon as the small shops profits from bottled beverages dried up. Now the pilots are exempt andsoon the rest of the crews or airport shop workers.

Enough!

The former chief of security for Isreal's airline (El Al?) stated that there was no need for the expensive toys. Just ask the passengers in line a few questions. Pointed questions.

Oh wait that's profiling! Well it wasn't two old ladies from Canada knitting afghans that brought down the planes on 9/11.

Rant out..time for more tequila.

My wife used to work out at DIA (Denver International). My three favorites examples of the idiocy in charge during her short career :

Found a baggie of weed in a carry on search. It was in a bottle of shampoo...clear shampoo...in a clear bottle. She was told to just throw it away, and let the passenger through.

If, during check in, a hot name from the watch list popped up, she was told to call a supervisor and say she "had a code red" at her station. No special phrases that sounded innocuous. She had to use the words "CODE RED."

With NO TRAINING at all, the ticket agents were required to search the planes for bombs / suspicious packages after each flight.

Didn't stay with that job for long, by choice.

It comes down to fear. If we aren't scared, we won't put up with much. Lots of talk, fancy equipment, even more people, and no real security. Token effort, to be sure, but since we haven't had another attack yet, it must be working, right?

OH HELL NO!!

No way I would even consider letting one of these goons disrobe my child!
I can't even form another cohesive sentence to describe how that makes me feel. How that father isn't in jail for stomping that guy out is beyond me.

:flamemad::flame::flamemad::flame::flamemad::flame::flamemad:

OH HELL NO!!

No way I would even consider letting one of these goons disrobe my child!
I can't even form another cohesive sentence to describe how that makes me feel. How that father isn't in jail for stomping that guy out is beyond me.

:flamemad::flame::flamemad::flame::flamemad::flame::flamemad:

It has been reported that the father removed the boys shirt. Next time I travel I'm taking my 18m.o. granddaughter and making sure he has a load back there!

That may be, but I still see no reason to have the kid taking off clothes in full view of everybody in the terminal.

What's the justification for that? Are open/public strip searches policy now?

I'd have probably ended up locked up for that alone.

Back