• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck-lite's new LED headlight for XJ's

BMW is developing their next-gen lights which use lasers to excite a fluorescent phosphor material. Twice as efficient as LEDs ---- very exciting.
That's very interesting. LEP's use radio frequency to excite a metal gas inside a tiny capsule. There are no electrical connections to the capsule meaning no possibility of failure due to corrosion or vibration. It is exciting technology. I heard a little about what BMW is developing. I would love to learn more about that.

There have been a few vendors offering discounts to Jeepers.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/truck-lites-new-led-headlamp-series-1328314/
I don't really know who has the best deal right now; I think the thread I linked had some offers though.
Poison Spyder had some sort of deal at one time too. Like, buy a set of lights and get a set of Rigid Duallies free.
It seems they excercise tight control over their distributors, every place I found them was $251.00. One distributor wanted $339! :eek:

I think they'll throw another 5% off if you enter a code or something. Let me look for it.
Here it is:
Try LIFEISGOOD5.

A.

That's very interesting. LEP's use radio frequency to excite a metal gas inside a tiny capsule. There are no electrical connections to the capsule meaning no possibility of failure due to corrosion or vibration. It is exciting technology. I heard a little about what BMW is developing. I would love to learn more about that.
There's a good trade journal for the industry where I read about them at first. I'll try to dig up their website tomorrow. Not sure if non-trade can access it or not though.

Got the bumper done, and figured I would post a few pics here since it also shows the lights. I will put them up against a wall tonight, and post a photo of the cutoff lines as well.

These are taken with a cell phone so....

IMG_20120420_124722.jpg

IMG_20120420_130937.jpg

Low Beams:

IMG_20120420_124750.jpg

High Beams:

IMG_20120420_124812.jpg

These things just look mean!

Thanks a lot for the close ups.

I think I've got enough reason to dedicate my next foldger's coffee can as the 'Truck-Lite-fund' for all of my spare change...

Ok, some night time 'cutoff' pictures. These photos are taken with my cell, so they are subpar to say the least. Anyway, here ya go.

The headlights are 18 feet from the brick wall.

This is from me sitting in the drivers seat with the low beams:

IMG_20120420_213141.jpg

This is also the low beam, but from the left rear corner of the Jeep, about 6 feet diagonal to the tail light.

IMG_20120420_213154.jpg

This is high beam from the same place.

IMG_20120420_213207.jpg

~ Stump

Aside from the ridiculous amounts of light these things throw forward, the side width is what is most impressive while actually driving. Just a guess, but at 18 feet from the wall, the width is easily 30'+ on the wall.

If some of you guys have a good connection to the manufacturer - could you please check if there are any plans to get an ECE certification for the lights so we XJ guys in Europe could run them legally? The J.W.Speaker LEDs have this certification, so right now it´s the only legal possibility to run LED headlights on an XJ over here.

Thanks for asking! :peace:

These things just look mean! Thanks a lot for the close ups.
I think I've got enough reason to dedicate my next foldger's coffee can as the 'Truck-Lite-fund' for all of my spare change...

Was at the yard this weekend, and found some new-looking stock sealed housings, so grabbed those to replace mine since one of my low-beams was out anyways.

....but I've still got the coffee can collection going for the FUUUUUTTTUUUURRREEEE....

so tempting, if they were 250 a pair instead of each, they would be on my xj already!

I saw these in the newest quadratec catalog that I got in the mail today, seems the prices will stay pretty even across the dealers for a while since they are still so new.

Good thing I threw the budget out the window a long time ago.......Look like something I must have now! :D

Back