• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case drop pros / cons

nuliana

NAXJA Forum User
currently swapped in a 8.8 and getting a new drive shaft should i take out the t case drop or leave it in? If i was to leave it in and then later decided to take it out after the drive shaft was measure and ordered would it make a big difference?

do you have a slip yoke eliminator? are you lifted? assuming you are since you're doing a tcase drop. no point in getting a stock style driveshaft made, i'd get a SYE first. if you already have a SYe, no point in dropping the tcase.

it is already sye setup im just wondering what the pros and cons are? If i measured for the shaft and had one built with the tcase drop on would it matter when i took it off.

The transfer case drop will obviously lower the center of gravity. Have you seen our low CoG thread?
if i have a 4" inch lift, should i install a 4" tcase drop to compensate? i'd hate to flop it.

im not flaming you. its just fun. when i first got a jeep i was a clueless douche that couldnt tell ya a lug nut from a spark plug (not that bad but you get the point) and its fun to joke around now that its comin around full circle

Back