• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar mount/drill/ajustable

What to do to "adjust" trackbar after 3.5" lift

• Drill a hole 3/4" to the drivers side - FREE!!!

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • HD Trackbar Mount - ($60-$80)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • HD Adjustable Trackbar ($125-$250)

Votes: 69 77.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into this problem as well with my 3 inch lift then again with the 1 3/4 lift I haven't done anything about it yet but to me drilling a 3/4 hole that close to the stock mounting hole would weaken the metal. your chances of making those 2 small holes into 1 very large hole, could be much greater. Think of the money you would have to spend to fix it if that happend.

Went to RE's website and could not locate the bracket. Could someone post a photo and explain what it does? and why RE states it's necessary?
I have been leaning towards purchasing the JKS former ORGS adjustable track-bar but want to see the RE one. BTW lift wll be OME 2".
Thanks,
Tom

the HD mount from RE changes the mount type to accept the double shear Superflex joint setup that they have on the frame end of thier HD mount. Their regular duty mount doesnt require a new mount.

read here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45685&highlight=trackbar

then click here:
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/instructions/rubiconexpress/RE1660-1665-1670A.pdf

happy trails!

oh yeah - you guys can stop voteing now - i bought the RRO trackbar (regret it now) and have the situation under control...

bamajeepjunkie said:
oh look at rusty's offroad his service is great and parts too

wow...

I purchased the RE (standar duty) adjustable trac bar after I installed My RE 3.5" kit. It was well worth it. I didn't want to drill out the exsisting axle mount and mess things up. It's a one shot deal. And there is no adjusting it later. The adjustable trac bar is a breeze to install. And will allow you some adjustment in the future.

XJ_ranger said:
oh yeah - you guys can stop voteing now - i bought the RRO trackbar (regret it now) and have the situation under control...

anything in particular you don't like about it?

just curious

matt

tetsulo said:
anything in particular you don't like about it?

just curious

matt
the TRE on the end... it is nothing more than the stock TRE and the angle that mine is at with a 6" lift kills them at a rate of one TRE for every 10,000 miles and +- 1 wheeling trip...

im going to cut the bar down and tap it to 3/4" and buy an RE mount and SF joint when i throw the D44 and over axle bracket on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back