• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar bends

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
How do you find the proper measurements and angles of the bends on a track bar? What is the purpose of the bends? Are they completely necessary?

the bends are typically to avoid hitting stuff. The diff cover, trackbar mount, etc. The most important bend for me is at the trackbar mount. With a 7" lift and 12" travel shocks, I could easily max out the bends in the stock trackbar.

The bends keep it from hitting the diff. I have the old version of Rusty's bar, and it has hit the cover during high flex situations. I've heard the newer ones don't, maybe they have different bends. Just looking at it, a strait bar would not work without a lot of lift.

I am going up 6-8 inches give or take. However I am using a fw 44 from a ford. so measurements wont be the same from a off hte shelf trackbar I would assume. How sharp of a bend can you do before you lose structural integrity?

If the trak bar is high enough, you don't need a bend. I wouldn't worry about bends until you determine that you need a bend. I'd say most of us here with front D44's and high steer have straight track bars.

You're trying to solve a problem you don't even have yet.

What determines whether I want the frame mount on the inside or the outside?

You do. It only matters how long you want you're track bar to be. Which depends on the length and angle of your drag link.

I know that you want your trackbar and draglink to have the same angle, do you also want them to be about the same length? Also am I going to want a centered or off set axle bracket for it?

Last edited:
This is what I did with mine. I have 5.5" TnT Y-link. I did not like the bend in the track bar and I did not like the fact that it had to be removed to adjust it. So I built my own with heim joints for easy adjustment on the vehicle and built a bracket to bring it parallel with the drag link. I used TnT's bracket that came with the kit on the drivers side (sorry not pic)
picture.php

picture.php

I know that you want your trackbar and draglink to have the same angle, do you also want them to be about the same length? Also am I going to want a centered or off set axle bracket for it?

Hey Big..........spend a little less time asking questions on the Internet and a little more time laying under your rig with a tape measure. This stuff isn't rocket science.

You want the track bar and the drag link to move together as close as possible, and you put it all where it fits. There a TONS of pics around of built front ends and steering......look at them and get ideas.

Back