• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toter home build

soon very soon, been busy with stuff. Plus it is raining again. I still have some vacation time to burn up so I am trying to figure out when I can take it and have enough materials ready to just kick some serious butt on it. I don't have alot left to do and if I can have everything on hand and ready to go, I can pretty much knock it all out in 4 days.

You've just got to finish the adult bunk and some ramps in the back right?

I know it's never "finished", welcome to the "I built my own motorhome" club. I think I've spent more money on a uhaul truck in the last year than on the Jeep.

People are going to look at you finny when you tell them you built your own motorhome though. The reactions are always good for a laugh. Some people just can't think outside the box, pun intended.

I still have the L shaped bench for the dining area to build also and I am gonna use the table from my old camper. That will go real quick though.

well, I have my vaction time lined up for next week, I will have Thursday through Sunday to knock out as much as I can. I have tomorrow off so I will get my list of materials figured out and try to get all of it here before my vacation starts.

No new ones yet, I will have a bunch next week. Vacation starts next Thursday and I am gonna go nuts on it, getting everything I need gathered up before so I can work on it non stop. Should be able to make some real progress then.

We used to build metal a/c covers for wire line trucks as the plastic ones would be shredded in a few trips . Just throwing that out there. Your build is fricken bad arse sir !

I never got to work on it during my vacation, weather screwed me, with my heart the way it is, I cannot be out in the extreem cold or bad things happen. Once it warms back up I will be back at it

Not to detract from the wonderful work you are doing, but this is one I have been watching on pirate and may help keep your inspiration going.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/expedition-vehicles/933305-f-700-4x4-camper.html

again, not to hijack, but this is an awesome build. different caliber than most of us can afford, hell, I can't afford his garage!! Super bad ass, a lot of great ideas.

Nice thing about what Richard is doing is that it's a every mans build, which is cool.

until the weather warms up, it is on hold, My health heart wise does not allow me to be out in the cold very long

Fullsizexj - I have to say, this is an awesome, awesome build. Such a great idea. I recently started working on my own Jeep, and with a 1 year old son I know camping is definitely in our future. The more and more I see you do this, the more motivation I have to do something similar to this.

Anyway, awesome work, I can't wait to see the final result.

well I am back to work on it again, weather is finally starting to warm up enough for me to be outside again. Since I got rid of the buggy and got a Polaris Rzr instead. I have space to add a small room for a bathroom and a dressing/storage area. Got one window installed in the upper rear bunk and one in the lower room today. I took some vacation time for next wek so I am hoping to get alot more done on those three days also. I will knock out some small stuff in the meantime each day

I have had thoughts of doing similar to this but never really did any research to see if it could be done. Now that I'm back into wheelin, camping and such and seeing this build knowing it can be done I'll be doing ALOT more lookimg into it. This is an awesome build and has completely inspired me to build one for our family. We had looked at toy haulers but they didn't really fit or accommodated what we wanted. I'll for sure watch this and if you ever get to Central, Pa/Rausch Creek let me know, I'd love to see it in person.

Back