• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to all daily drivers running 35's, what's your axles/gears/lift?

I had about 3.5 to 4 in mine. Had some crazy bumpstops to keep it out of the sheetmetal and trimmed back as far as I could. Honestly I liked 33's much better at that height. I sold my 35's and went back to 33's. I couldn't afford the lift needed to propperly clear the 35's.

730971531205_0_ALB.jpg

635256179205_0_ALB.jpg

68456311805_0_ALB.jpg

My old '96 classic XJ. An excellent dd and off-roader. Cruise at 80 MPH all day long. I had it for 5 years with 6 dif. lifts on it. Last two years was set-up perfectly at 8"es of lift, on 35" trxus MT's. Front HP30, rear 8.25.

-Tereflex;6"coils, 2"bb, adj. short arm UCA's and LCA's, and rear greasable shackles, HD SYE, quick release sway bar dc, speedo gear.
-Rusty's 6" non-military leaf packs with added leaves from XJ stock pack.
-RE; HD track-bar adj, drop brackets with braces.
-6" stainless brake lines
-Currie steering
-ZJ stock pitman arm
-TJM steering box brace, like M.O.R.E. brace better now
-TW rear CV d-shaft
-JKS bar pin eliminators
-Rancho adj 9000 shocks
-Yukon 4:56 gears, 4:88's would be better with 35's. But the 8.25 is limited to 4;56. Run a rear D44 or a Ford 8.8.
-Warn lock-out hubs
-Powertrax no slip locker in the 8.24
-lock-rite in the front HP 30
-15x10 MT classic aluminum rims with 3.5"es of bs
-Warn enforcer front bumper
-had a Bullet-proof rear bumper, later custom fabbed
-custom fabbed rockers with kickers from Ten. Off-Road (tried out olympics RG's first, they stink.
-4"es of sheet metal removed from fender wells, with TJ flares
-Snorkel
-3core rad from 1800 radiator
-warn xdi9000 winch

Best improvements for a dd were the lock-out hubs, HD tereflex (I could run the same drive-shaft front or rear), RE CA drop brackets, Tere coils and CA's adj., Currie steering, RE Drop HD adj. trac-bar, Trxus Super Swamper MT tires, 4:46's. The 35's had 30,000 miles on them when I sold the truck (see above picture, week before I sold). They still had half the tread left.

That thing was a runner. Took three years to perfect. I started when XJ's were'nt really being lifted much. Whomever ended up with it (I sold locally, then sold on e-bay to someone in ARKANSAS) has an excellent truck.Yes it costs money to set-it up, but with the prices of XJ's these days you can do it for under $15,000. (SAVE ABOUT $7-8,000 accessories). I spent $25,000 total with the purchase price included, which was $10,500 for the XJ with 50,000 miles on the clock. The big expense for me was trying all those different lifts, and tires!

Last edited:
Sounds like the built XJ I sold a few months back. :wow:

-Mike

Back