• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thought i'd share the new rig..

ZJ carpet is dyeing now.

Couple things i got done a little while ago, swapped in a new intake manifold.. old one was covered in grease and grime. Added some rebuilt and flow matched Volvo fuel injectors, cleaned the IAC and TB, seafoamed.

ZJinjectorswap2.jpg

New CPS, coil, valve cover gasket, complete tune. Installed new swaybar links up front, ordered new front lower control arms, found a shot bushing.

ZJVCswap1.jpg

It's getting there..

Let the carpet set in the dye/water for two days, took it out and let it dry. Then rinsed with hose till it ran off clear.. let it dry again. Also rinsed out the OEM sound insulation/padding that i pulled off before dyeing and used some 3M spray adhesiove to glue it back on.

98carpetinstall2.jpg

Then installed the carpet and new leather seating. Need to find the hardware for the center console yet. I'm more than happy with the outcome.. took a dirty sunfaded grey carpet and now have something presentable.

Now i'm thinking perhaps a black headliner to match and blend it in... or a dark Agate to match the dash.

98carpetinstall1.jpg

WOW! If I did that i'd be impatient and take it out of the dye after like a day and it'd be half tan and half black...

Damn! That almost makes me want to put carpet back in mine! It looks really good!

Thanks guys... appreciate it. I promise i'll be doing some less "weird stuff" as Shafty mentioned and share the axle and suspension swap eventually. But i wanna get the interior cleaned up first.

I did the durabak and no carpet deal years ago, then installed the carpet over without the insulation. Still too much heat for me running the interstate or trails all day.. i want to AC to keep the cabin comfortable, not tolerable.

My a/c hasn't worked in years... plus i'm going to be ripping out the entire A/c setup and drop in a york 210 compressor for OBA ...

But i'm kind of confused as to the "weird stuff" as you mentioned?

My a/c hasn't worked in years... plus i'm going to be ripping out the entire A/c setup and drop in a york 210 compressor for OBA ...

But i'm kind of confused as to the "weird stuff" as you mentioned?

I have a QuikAir mounted in an ammo can, i can use it where ever needed. Like in the tent for air mattress or someone elses flat tire.

Scroll up to MrShafts last post.. :laugh3: Last Jeep had a Realtree Camo interior.

Center console is back in, it's got a bit of white paint or something on it.. i'll hit it with some thinner to see if it comes off easy.

Also charged the AC. Tossed in an 18oz can from AZ which took the charge up to center in the pressure range the gauge told me i wanted. I will wait a few days to see if it leaks down, but as of now it's putting out about 50*. I have another smaller can to top off with if everything seems ok.

98ZJinterior027.jpg

I'd like y'alls opinion on this. I cant think of many reasons not to do it..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/leaf-spring-zj-sale-1139494/

Havent done much on this since i had to swap motors in both my son's YJ and the wife's WJ. They both basically used it as their DD while i did so. Then we were involved with some work on the house so time has been scarce.

Before i sold the wife's old ZJ i stripped a few parts from it i wanted, and installed on my 98.

Steel fuel skid and trailer hitch/harness.

towhooks005.jpg

Front OEM towhooks.

towhooks002.jpg

This Jeep has been running well for me, about 5K miles since i put it on the road last year. With NAC-Fest quickly approaching it's time to finish it up. This year i'll be wheelin..

Back a few months ago i found a Claytons front LA setup for the ZJ, Themangeraaad and Foxwar were nice enough to get it to the M&G and saved me a few hours driving.. Thanks again Scott and Ross!

Sold the RE longarms, got the rear uppers i needed. Just ordered a rear axle bracket kit to swap my XJ44 in from FroBot Fab (Agittated Pancake). Today i'll order my rear IRO trackbar and swaybar links as a B-Day gift to myself.

Local guy who owns a Bodyshop wants my Vette engine i have been sitting on for close to 20 years, gonna install in his 70 Monte. He offered me a respray on the ZJ for it. I think i'll take him up on his offer, and do the work with his supervision. I'd like the experience of laying down real paint.. and not OD.

Looking fwd to having a lifted rig again.

This Jeep has been running well for me, about 5K miles since i put it on the road last year. With NAC-Fest quickly approaching it's time to finish it up. This year i'll be wheelin..

Looking fwd to having a lifted rig again.

:confused: what !!! did the earth stop rotating? did you say that you were going to be wheelin' this year :scared: cool, look forward to seeing you again, John. Can't wait to see how that thing does on the trails.

-Todd

:confused: what !!! did the earth stop rotating? did you say that you were going to be wheelin' this year :scared: cool, look forward to seeing you again, John. Can't wait to see how that thing does on the trails.

-Todd

F***** Ballbuster..

I wheeled in 2010, and scratched my paint.

Trust me, my interpretation of "wheelin" is drastically different anymore! :laugh:

F***** Ballbuster..

I wheeled in 2010, and scratched my paint.

Trust me, my interpretation of "wheelin" is drastically different anymore! :laugh:

LOL... I remember when your version of wheeling was quite similar to mine!!! Good to hear your getting the new hoopty together for NAC-Fest.

Back