• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thought i'd share the new rig..

Awesome John.
I'm just glad your going to make it to NACFest. Angel and I are holding you to it now, no backing out!

Allk my parts with the exception of my rear axle bracket kit has arrived, shouldnt be much longer till it's lifted. In the meantime i'm getting more of the little things done.

Coils have been blasted and painted.

ZJcoilpaint.jpg

Clayton Longarms have new bushings. I need to pick up a press one of these days.

cleviteinstall1.jpg

Picked up a bored TB, should compliment the Volvo injectors and 99+ intake well.

BoredTB.jpg

Got the rear control arms seperated.. three of the four were seized and required heat and pipewrench.. which snapped in half. Primered, need to toss some paint and reassemble the JJ's.

REarmsprimer.jpg

Threw in a pair of OEM fogs.

OEMxjfogs2.jpg

Wanted my CB speaker at rear of overhead but didnt want to just have it hanging below it. So i seperated it..

overheadcbspkr1.jpg

Tossed the rear 2/3 and recessed it into the overhead.

overheadcbspkr7.jpg

Lift coming soon!

love the cb speaker install ... I may borrow that idea on my XJ

Thanks guys.. appreciate the feedback. I promise i will FABRICATE at least one item on this Jeep at some point. ;)

I need to find time to reread ehall's build, he's got a ton of cool content thats right up my alley.

Rebuilt my JKS disconnects, bought a Borla header from GI-John, and received my rear axle brkt kit yesterday. Wont be long now..

Wish i had a garage with a lift, i'll be doing this on the ground i guess. Ugh..

XJ44brkts.jpg

Righteous :thumbup:

I have a ton of time into making brackets. If I could get off the shelf ones that worked, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

I might go that route when I four link the rear. Good luck!

If anyone needs something cut on a Torchmate drop Agitated Pancake (FroBot Fab) a PM on Pirate or Mallcrawlin, Greg's a good dude with great pricing!

Last edited:
Need some input on steel..

I'll be building a flat platform on the roof of the ZJ for my RTT. I'm thinking 1" square tubing and flat strips bolted where the OEM "tracks" are.

The strips would look like this... pic borrowed from theksmith's WJ build.

IMGP0981.JPG

Plate the Jeeps roof underside at the through bolts, then use some square tube as the platform above it.

What material do i want... in what thickness? My fat azz will not be walking on it, my RTT weighs about 125lbs.

Thanks..

i dont think you'd need more than 3/16" for the flat, 1/4" wall for the square. my buddy just built a platform for his ARB tent on a military trailer and i dont think he used anything thicker than 1/4 wall.

Back