• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The struggle continues...

ill ask around for one as well...hell i got some scrap steel...some wheels from a riding mower. anybody got an xj seat? we could build a bada$$ wheel chair

i have a rear bench seat available :)

Or we could build something like this for tim:

This is a little side project me an a friend are messing with. Riding mower to offroad go cart. i ditched the electric start stuff, and welded on the top of another engine from a push mower, converting it to pull start. It shoots flames outta the exhaust (its got a cherokee exhaust tip), is stupid loud....and can wheelie. We'll be stretching the frame at some point, and installing a bigger drive pulley for more top end.

rollinondubs.jpg

Ok...

Here's the deal with the fence building project. It will be on September 19th. It isn't important that EVERYONE attends, because from what I understand, some of the Congregation from their Church is going to come and help as well. I would say that the donations are needed more than a helping hand right now. So, if it would be a hassle for you to make it and could spare some change, that would be greatly appreciated. For those of you that do want to attend, Rebbecca said that if need be, we can find somewhere to house you if you need to stay somewhere on Sat night.

Now, I was also asked to post this up; since it is their church coming to help, there should be no foul language during this project. I know things can slip, and I am nowhere near close to perfect in this aspect, but they just asked that you try to keep things clean. Smokers will have a place out back they they can light up. I guess it bothers some others peoples allergies that are going to be here??? Anyway, they do appriciate everything that has been done for them thus far, so thank you all for your kind words, phone calls, and the financial support you have so kindly offered.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it down for this but we've donated a little money.

I hope all goes well!

I'd be willing to offer my services to repair his laptop, I have many years experience with computers. A replacement screen will run about 90-100 bucks. Unfortunately they seem to have used a two different types of LCD screen with this notebook, I'd need to disassemble it to get the correct part number before I could order a replacement.

Last edited:
Yeah, well I think they kinda want somebody thats helping with the fence to look at it. I mean, no offense to you, but they would have to ship it to you, and right now that's his only link to the outside world. They have a desktop monitor hooked up to it right now.

10 more days!!!

:party:

...and it's fence buildin' time!

im not going to be able to make it... thats the same day as the trail of tear ride (which will be my last ride on my motorcycle ever) and that afternoon my buddy (who is currently at federal training) is coming home for his bday and we have having dinner with them...

im sorry guys. that day just doesnt look good for me.

Its all good. I was unfortunately informed that somebody rear-ended Rebbecca the other day and totaled the benz. The guy was driving a big dodge truck, hit her in the drivers rear hard, then backed up and drove away. Rebbecca, being the trooper she is, was like "well, its still running" so she took off after the guy. She got his plates, but they were from Alabama, so no telling if they will ever catch him. It was hit so hard that the doors don't line up anymore from what I understand...

But, she is still driving it around, and is very pissed b/c she loves that car like Tim loves the Jeep, and just wants her car to be fixed. She doesn't want another one, she wants her car.

Gah guys, it sounds to me like they need some of our luck more than they need money or labor...

By the way, I was informed that Tim might be cooking a little something while in the wheelchair for those of us that show up to help with the fence. However, I wouldn't feel right in letting them pay for the food. But as far as him cooking what we buy... Im alright with that for sure!

do we have a head count? simply because i gen get some rather tasty ale marinated fresh cut sirloin for less than 50 dollars per 10 pack..... and those are ten oz cuts.... maybe a treat for those staying for dinner?

i'll be #2 :)

I'don't think anybody is really watching this thread anymore... too bad they're gonna miss out on the grub! So, doug, are you gonna come down and meet us on Friday night and then carpool with us to the big ATL?

I'm out, my wife is currently in the hospitol and has been in and out of 4 differnt ones in the last 2 weeks.

Back