• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The struggle continues...

Yea I have some time coming up that I will be in the area, if his computer is fixable mabey I can help while I'm there.

Wow. What happened to the computer?

Rebbecca accidentally dropped it and the screen broke. The computer itself is apparently fine, but he can't see anything...

I believe Mark at 4 Wheel Parts is going to loan Tim his laptop so that he can have something to do. They are going to try and send theirs off and get the screen replaced.

i'm right there with you guys... thin on money, but willing to help a friend out anytime!
link the paypal, and post up the fence build date... and NAXJA will be there!

...glad things went well in surgery Tim!

Rebbecca accidentally dropped it and the screen broke. The computer itself is apparently fine, but he can't see anything...

I believe Mark at 4 Wheel Parts is going to loan Tim his laptop so that he can have something to do. They are going to try and send theirs off and get the screen replaced.

Get me the the make and model number. Old' Bule or I might be able to help.

Aight, I'll see what I can do.

All I know is it is a HP, I think a 15" screen. The thing is like 2 years old I think.

I believe Mark at 4 Wheel Parts is going to loan Tim his laptop so that he can have something to do.

I just left 4 Wheel Parts, and Tims Jeep was sitting out back behind the service area. If it makes him feel any better, it certainly looked the most "hardcore" there.

~Stump.

Hope you heal up quick, Tim. Let us know when you figure out a date.

Get me the the make and model number. Old' Bule or I might be able to help.

if you guys find a screen for it, i can install no problem...

if the laptop still works fine, but the screen is out...tim you can borrow my desktop computers monitor for as long as you need and just plug it into the back of the laptop.

Let me know about the screen too, I may be able to get it at cost through a vendor.

ill try to be there just lemme know when!

just got done putting a fence in around part of the yard!

As far as the jeep goes... its at 4 wheel parts because somebody grenaded the front ring and pinion (Me :D) at the Crawl. It was supposed to fixed on Friday, but Tim decided to have the gears Kryoed to try and prevent them from breaking again. Thank you almighty Warranty!!!

As far as the computer...
Dont know the model yet, but yes, it is a laptop. The problem with a stand alone screen is that he HAS to be in bed for the next 9 days.

Any word on how Tim is doing?

Ok guys. Sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure everything was set up right. :thumbup:

If anybody wants to contribute, please do so. I know that things are tight right now, but anything will be GREATLY appreciated. Many of you want to help build the fence and that help is needed, but if you aren't able to lend a helping hand and and still want to help, here is your chance. Everything donated goes straight to TheHardStruggler (Tim).

PayPal to: [email protected]

Get better soon, Tim. I want to see you test out the Kryoed gears!!:wave1:

OK computer gurus. I talked to Tim and told him about the computer situation. I was able to get all of the info from him so that maybe one of you guys can hook him up with a repair.

The model is an: HP Pavilion DV6000.
Serial number: CNF6521HG9
It also had this on it under the serial number (maybe a part number?)... P/N: RP297UA#ABA

So Im not any help when it comes to working on computers... I can work with them and use them No Problem, but my forte is mechanics, not computers lol.

Also, as far as an update goes for Tim. He says "I'm doing fine, my leg's still broke." He is VERY bored. Anybody that knows Tim knows that he really isn't the type to sit around much, so imagine how crazy its driving him to have to lay in bed on his back and do nothing but watch TV. He's asking me about truckfest since I will be down there and plan on going... I told him if I could get him a wheel chair I would take him. He says, "Hell, why do we need a wheel chair? I got a wheel barrow in the shed that would work just fine." I suggested a Radio Flyer Wagon, at least that way I won't have to try and balance him LOL. He is dying to get out of the house. If anyone around me could hook me up with a wheel chair it would greatly be appriciated.

I am going down on Friday morning, should be there around 10. I plan on mowing his yard for him and doing some small things around the house to help out Rebbecca. I will talk to him this weekend about a build date for the fence.

I might could find you one, but I'm up in Clarksville. I won't be down your way for a while; I will be in Nashville on saturday, though.

A wheelchair, that is.

Last edited:
Back