• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Rebirth

Noodle5

NAXJA Forum User
So March 2012 I lost my baby. My first car, a 2000 xj i bought for 4000$ with a 2" lift and 31" pro comp tires, and pocket styled bushwhackers. after i bought it i made it my own with a 4.5" lift light bar and a few other upgrades but i dream big i loved that truck. In march of last year i was headed home from my job at the local deli and a elderly man ran a stop sign and without anytime to react i hit him. being the second accident the jeep suffered she was totaled. i received no fault and the insurance company gave me 4000$ which was not enough to replace the jeep and make it the way it was so i parted the truck out and put a 8000$ down payment on a JK... i hate it. its just not the same. so here is what i will be doing. I am selling my JK and buying a car. And instead of a Daily driver xj like my first noodle5 was this will be a project jeep.

heres my old jeep
1z4d9n6.jpg

6h4a41.jpg

21vdy9.png

and this is my plan for the new project its a sketch but has big plans ending with racing it in the BAJA 500 with my dad which is a life long dream for the two of us
eskk6h.jpg

ill add more when it happens but this is what i have so far its late have a good night i hope you guys enjoy this ill be buying the truck within a few weeks ill write out all of my ideas that are in the sketch they are pretty crazy but it will be awesome.

Interesting, I would recommend doing a lot of reseaerch before spending any money, For starters what is required/ what class you can run in the Baja...

i will be doing a ton of research. ive been researching for months now but now that i can get the ball rolling i want to start a build thread

I think what he's suggesting is that some of your proposed mods would exclude you from certain classes where you could be competitive, and place you into a class where you have no chance. Or something

this is an awesome build thread already.

I feel like Billy bob thorton in Bad Santa when you posted that napolean dynamite sketch of your rig and then said the baja 500. "Are you F%%%ing with me? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJWxqEVXPY

take a look at the petty cash build thread.

Last edited:
all the fab work myself. with my dad, he was a mechanical engineer major so between the two of us we are pretty good. i cant wait to start. I'm getting antsy, should i leave the i6 and just beef it up, maybe stroke it, or should i do a swap? and the front and rear. maybe a 8.8 or a 44 in the rear, what should i do up front?

Go with a 5.3 Chevy swap, Dana 44s, 5" longarm lift, lots of sheet metal cutting & 35s.
or don't.
Whatever you do, take pictures!

For the rear id go 8.8 over a 44, or a 9", or a 14bFF. For the front id say to keep it cheap buy a built HP44 off CL or just build a 60 and build it.

although if youre only going to 35s id say keep the 30, beef it up a bit, and run a 8.8 to keep things simple....

i love the bushwhacker style but i hate the fact that one nice bump offroading and they crack and then i spend the next day fiberglassing them so im going to custom fab them out of sheet metal.

i want them to be very durable. i know with the right bump stop i dont have to worry but i would like it to be able to clip a few branches and still be there at the end of the day.

Hooligan Offroad makes bitchin' tube fenders. Save your time & buy theirs.

Back