• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The never ending project

Went for a quick shake down run yesterday, out in DHS. All I can say is WOW :D

Went on a road a little less than a mile long, 2 foot deep whoops, about 6 to 8 feet apart, at around 50mph. The nose stayed up on the tops of the whoops, and the rear tires felt like they never left the dirt. Felt really smooth.

Adjusting the bypasses will only make it better, but I don't see the D30 living for much longer.

Sorry, no pics or vid...it was a last minute trip.

-Dan
Daaaaaamn you should have taken me!!!! I wanna see this thing work!

Daaaaaamn you should have taken me!!!! I wanna see this thing work!

You know...the thought did cross my mind. We took the race jeep out for a spin as well. All in all, we spent 2 hrs on the road to drive the jeeps for 20 minutes, barbecued some carne asada and came home.

Besides, I didn't want to ruin your love for the Deavers :D

You know...the thought did cross my mind. We took the race jeep out for a spin as well. All in all, we spent 2 hrs on the road to drive the jeeps for 20 minutes, barbecued some carne asada and came home.

Besides, I didn't want to ruin your love for the Deavers :D
Haha damn you. Well you know there's a pretty good section over in Hemet that has some decent woops if you ever want to hit it up!

X2
Dan, bring it out to the next Jeepspeed race in Lucerne!!!

My team mates are trying to get me to race it in the 3700 class :wierd:
Clive said he would consider it, but there aren't even any other 3700s entered to race yet.

Personally, I don't think my junk is up to race standards yet....especially with the bent D30 and front 7100 shocks, lol.

-Dan

Just got done mounting some King 2.5 double bypasses in the front last night. Had to make all new shock mounts, that came out pretty sweet. I have to get some longer resi hoses today so I can get those mounted tonite.

-Dan

first off, this is absolute sex, killer job...

P1040564.jpg

-Dan
any pics of how the DS sits in there at full compression? reason i ask is i wonder with the abuse you guys dish out on these things if there is a way to cross brace between the upper link mounts on inside of frame rail so make em a lil more rigid, supported?....

just curious

The driveshaft is just about straight at full compression. My "frame rails" are super reinforced on the insides...my front control arm mounts, trans crossmember, and rear upper control arm mounts are all tied into this. I did my reinforcements long before any of the aftermarket stiffeners were available, so I opted to do the inside of the frame rails to handle the raised belly trans mount.

I don't think I have any pics like you're looking for.

Thanks for the props.

-Dan

Back