• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The never ending project

Looks real nice Dan. Is that a 2 wheel drive rig?

Edit: Is that going to be a 2 wheel drive rig?

Seems like a lot of nice work on the rear just to keep a front end that definately won't keep up.

Edit: Is that going to be a 2 wheel drive rig?

Seems like a lot of nice work on the rear just to keep a front end that definately won't keep up.

he mentioned in another thread that he is putting TTBs in place of the solid axle.

I dont know if you did coilovers and triples that tied into an engine cage I think you could make a front that would do just fine. Plus how many linked trucks/suvs have the same travel front and rear? Not too many.

Looks real nice Dan. Is that a 2 wheel drive rig?

What's this??!!
A post from Andy?!......Holy Crap! Good to see you're still lurkin around.....I thought you'd been hauled off and sacrificed to the Toyota Gods or something.........

Back on topic.....looking sweet Dan, can't wait to see how it handles.

It will still be 4wd....I've got a brand new atlas t-case in there:D. The front gets a little over 12 inches right now, although it's barely bent. The front suspension feels pretty good, it was the back that was lacking. I'm sure once I get the back done, it'll be the front that sucks, but I'm doing one step at a time. I'll change the torque converter before I do the front, its got way too low of a stall speed. In low range, even with an auto trans, it take both feet on the brakes to keep it from moving.

-Dan

looking good Dan, take lots of pics, as i'll be saving them all. this is the next step i'd like to take in my XJ, glad im not the only one :D

How much did that run you? I know it's for a different tranny, but just wondering for a ballpark.

-Dan

I want to say about $300 at the most is the going rate, but that is with a lock up converter. It may be cheaper depending on what tranny you are running. Mine got brazed fins and was loosened up a little. Call Rusty at TCS he is in the Havasu shop. He will set you up for what you need. I wouldn't go with too much stall because it will heat up the tranny on the trail.

I want to say about $300 at the most is the going rate, but that is with a lock up converter. It may be cheaper depending on what tranny you are running. Mine got brazed fins and was loosened up a little. Call Rusty at TCS he is in the Havasu shop. He will set you up for what you need. I wouldn't go with too much stall because it will heat up the tranny on the trail.

I'm running a C4, no lock up. I do have a pretty large cooler, though with a Spal 10" fan on it.

A little progress....

shocks.jpg

bump.jpg

Last edited:
Back