• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe kastein Lots-O-Junkyard Thread

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I keep seeing rare/useful/weird stuff at the junkyard that I COULD pull, but I just don't have the motivation to... since it won't sell for ridiculous amounts of money on ebay/facebook and I don't really try to profit on stuff I sell on here. So I figured I'd start a thread to post stuff we spot at the yard, so that someone who actually wants it can go grab it before it's crushed.

DB Dave tipped me off to a few things recently...
1. there's a 1986 4cyl automatic shortbed MJ at Sams Pull-a-Part in Worcester right now. Or was on Saturday anyways. It's basically ****ed at this point, nothing of value, the auto is a 3sp chryco box so it has 3.55s, I pulled the front diff cover to check because I suspected 4.56s might be in there. Everything MJ specific except the fuel sender is either rotted, smashed, or gone, I didn't check the fuel sender.

2. there's a 97 4.0/AX15/NP231 XJ at Everett's in Brockton. He tipped me off so I could go grab the stuff before it got crushed, I got there and realized I was short on time and hate pulling pedal boxes. Everything's there still except the shifter knob (it's mangled, I have a replacement I'll give to anyone who buys the stuff that's in good shape, free) and the ECU, which he pulled. Stuff you want to pull for a 100% stock swap: floor blockoff plate, shift boot and lever, transmission, all clutch/flywheel crap including bolts, transfer case shift linkages and brackets (the one on the floor and the one on the transmission) plus bellcrank, driveshafts, adapter plate from trans to mount bushing, crossmember, pedal box, master/slave/hydraulics, steering column (somewhat optional) and under-hood chassis wiring harness (very optional, I can walk anyone through the splicing needed to make a 97+ auto harness work.)

3. There is a 5.9 limited 98 ZJ at Sams. Everything's ****ed/smashed at this point except for the 150 amp alternator, which will apparently fit into an XJ with minor clearance grinding on the bracket.

4. There are two 96 5 speed 4x4 4.0 XJs at Millis Pick-n-Pull. Everything seems to still be there. One is a red 2 door, the other is a 4 door.

Let the vultures descend... and post stuff you see that you don't care about enough to pull yourself.

Oh yeah, I doubt anyone wants to hear about all the 4.0/auto/4x4/8.25 4 door XJs, those are absolutely everywhere, try to keep the signal to noise ratio high by not bothering to post stuff unless it's hard to find in your neck of the woods :thumbup:

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Junkyard Thread

Any crome grill/headlight surrounds for my truck?

The F250? I didn't check, all I looked for in the fullsize ford section was d60s, 7.3s, and zf5s for you.

This thread is probably gonna turn into me posting tons of crap I see at the junkyard and maybe Dave adding some he sees too. That's fine with me, as long as it's useful to people who don't consider going to the junkyard a thing that must be done every Saturday :laugh2:

Last edited:

Haven't seen too much recently besides what Ken mentioned, but there is a White 5.9 at Pull-A-Part in Freetown. Seats and door cards are nice and not torn up (perfect for an XJ), motor/trans was all there including a K&N intake minus filter, 150A alternator on this one as well. Counter guy told me it was running and driving when it came in.

Had a couple of early XJ's there as well, but nothing special, and nothing 5 speed.

And I'll let the PCM out of the 97 XJ 5 speed go for $38, which is what I paid, and no guarantee that it works, which is what I got from the JY. Figured I'd grab it before it got crushed just in case someone needed it on here.

The F250? I didn't check, all I looked for in the fullsize ford section was d60s, 7.3s, and zf5s for you.

This thread is probably gonna turn into me posting tons of crap I see at the junkyard and maybe Dave adding some he sees too. That's fine with me, as long as it's useful to people who don't consider going to the junkyard a thing that must be done every Saturday :laugh2:
Any 92-97 f series

Any crome grill/headlight surrounds for my truck?

Nobody cares about your POS blinged out brotruck.

Keep talking shit, I'll bring the chains

and under-hood chassis wiring harness (very optional, I can walk anyone through the splicing needed to make a 97+ auto harness work.)

That harness is no good. I broke a plug or two starting to take it out and then realized some of the harness near the battery/coil/alternator was cut up.

I didn't even look at it, so that's good to know.

Making an auto 97+ wiring harness into a manual with a working clutch safety switch and reverse lights is literally 4 butt splice crimps anyways, it's pretty easy and I can toss up a thread in the tech forums later if anyone actually needs it.

police pkg xj at hendrys, ext idle switch and lsd rear end is gone. mostly everything else is there including the 120mph speedo. i grabbed the last two ax15s that were there though.

THe NAC Lots-O-Junkyard Thread

Speaking of the Ext idle, was it on NAXJA that I saw a write up on how to do that?

Yes I remember seeing one. I think its pretty easy with 96down. A little harder with the 97up. Search the mod tech sub forum.

97 5 speed was still at Everett's when I went yesterday afternoon, swap looks to still be mostly there as well.

Haven't seen too much recently besides what Ken mentioned, but there is a White 5.9 at Pull-A-Part in Freetown. Seats and door cards are nice and not torn up (perfect for an XJ), motor/trans was all there including a K&N intake minus filter, 150A alternator on this one as well. Counter guy told me it was running and driving when it came in..

Why is it i never see a Niner in my local yards.. bummer. I'd be all over one such as this.

Back