• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The February 24th Brown's Camp Wheelin Thread

That would help the cracks from getting bigger but it won't fix them. I am pretty sure these were caused from me beffing up the area that cracked earlier, the old cracks are not getting bigger they are fixed. It is just flexing the frame in a different spot now!! I welded up the old cracks and made my own plate like the C-Rok one I believe it is. Driving on the street is fine but when I am wheeling I hear popping noises that don't sound good.

jeepboy381 said:
That would help the cracks from getting bigger but it won't fix them. I am pretty sure these were caused from me beffing up the area that cracked earlier, the old cracks are not getting bigger they are fixed. It is just flexing the frame in a different spot now!! I welded up the old cracks and made my own plate like the C-Rok one I believe it is. Driving on the street is fine but when I am wheeling I hear popping noises that don't sound good.

Yeah, I meant only to stop existing cracks, not fix them.

There was a post on pnwjeep about a guy making a frame re-inforcement plate. Was intended mostly for Jeepspeed. Let me see what I can find here...

5 minutes later...

Here it is
http://www.temper-mentalracing.net/services.htm

Or you could do something like these too
http://www.rjroffroad.com/JKS-Steering-Brace-System-for-Jeep-Cherokee-Comanche-pr-16853.html

WheelinJR said:
Yeah, I meant only to stop existing cracks, not fix them.

There was a post on pnwjeep about a guy making a frame re-inforcement plate. Was intended mostly for Jeepspeed. Let me see what I can find here...

5 minutes later...

Here it is
http://www.temper-mentalracing.net/services.htm

Or you could do something like these too
http://www.rjroffroad.com/JKS-Steering-Brace-System-for-Jeep-Cherokee-Comanche-pr-16853.html
Those are sweet, I will see if I get anything done this weekend or not. I might have to purchase one of those. Thanks!!

i can fix it the crack the same way to did. weld it up and plate it. but if it did not work the first time i dont think it will work a second time.

hit me up need weekend and we can figure out why it is happaning. in all my cherokees i have never had that problem. i was thinking it was in the frame rail area. that what i get for thinking

I guess we'll see you boys in the morning. Here is the closure report...

http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/road_and_trail_rpt.shtml

#7 Clyde's Trail is temporarily closed for repair and upgrade work. The work is being contracted out. The Contractor will begin work in late fall 2006. The trail will re-open in summer 2007, once all repair and upgrade work is complete.

#8 Julie's Trail is temporarily closed to prevent further damage to the trail and to minimize erosion and impacts to water quality and to repair significantly damaged sections of the trail. Repairs are currently scheduled to take place during the spring and summer. The trail will re-open when the repair work is complete. Respecting this trail closure will allow us to more quickly repair the damage and open the trail.

#9 Sidewinder Trail is temporarily closed for repair and upgrade work. The work is being contracted out. The Contractor will begin work in spring 2007. The trail will re-open in summer 2007 once all repair and upgrade work is complete.

#10 University Fire Power Trail temporarily closed for the winter season to protect the trail resource, prevent further trail damage and to minimize erosion and impacts to water quality. The trail will re-open in late spring 2007.

#12 Gummy Worm Trail is temporarily closed due to logging operations that are part of the in the Bill's Beaver Trap Timber Sale. Logging operations will continue through 2006. Once the timber sale is complete the trail will be cleared and maintenance work will take place. The trail will re-open in spring 2007.

#14 Firebreak Five Trail. The top (south segment) of Firebreak Five is temporarily closed due to logging operations that are part of the Bill's Beaver Trap Timber Sale. The segment of trail that is closed is not sustainable and is being rerouted. A portion of the new reroute will be constructed by the timber sale contractor. The remainder of the reroute will be constructed by Oregon Department of Forestry after the timber harvest activity is complete. This segment of trail is not expected to re-open until spring or summer 2007. The Crushers Loops remain open and can be accessed from the top of the trail by continuing up Saddle Mountain Road and staying left until you reach the top of Firebreak Five.

#15 Island Trail is temporarily closed for repair and upgrade work. Repair work is scheduled for late fall 2006. The trail will re-open in late spring 2007 once repair and upgrade work is complete.

#16a Saddle Up Trail is temporarily closed for the winter season to protect the trail resource, prevent further trail damage and to minimize erosion and impacts to water quality. The trail will re-open in late spring 2007.

#16d Airplane Hill Trail. A segment of the Airplane Hill Trail has been significantly damaged and is no longer sustainable. The damaged segment will need to be permanently closed and a new segment will need to be located and developed. Relocation work will take place in 2006. The Oregon Department of Forestry will be working with local trail use clubs to locate and design the new segment. The trail will remain closed until the new segment has been constructed.

#23 Marianna Trench Trail. A segment of this trail has been significantly damaged and is no longer sustainable as a trail. The trail will be evaluated this winter to determine if it can be repaired or if a new segment will need to be built.

#24 Bates Road Trail is temporarily closed due to a logging operation that is part of the Helibates Timber Sale. The trail will be temporarily gated at the junction of Highway 6 until the operation is complete. The trail will remain closed until the timber sale harvest activity is complete.

#25 Elliott Creek Trail is temporarily closed for repair and upgrade work. The work is being contracted out. The Contractor will begin work in late spring 2007. The trail will re-open in summer 2007 once all repair and upgrade work is complete.

#55 Blackwater 50 is temporarily closed due to logging operations that are part of the Bill's Beaver Trap Timber Sale. Logging operations will continue through 2006. Once the timber sale is complete the trail will be cleared and maintenance work will take place. The trail will re-open in spring 2007.

Hey everybody- I had a great time at browns. sorry I bailed out that fast today but I wasnt gonna let mad max go down by himself w/his tire like that. anyway, it was alota fun cant wait till next time!:yelclap:

yup, was a pretty good run, kinda wet tho haha.

I have about 30 pics to upload, they weren't great because we didn't hang out at many obstacles and such, but still good pics of all the snow and stuff.

It was DEEP up high

Ok here are the pictures...

Pretty good run, we started with about 10 rigs, then Atownathiest showed up outta nowhere and we were up to 11. Then another guy in a YJ showed up with 3 buddies, then they later broke off.
First some power line trail
browns02.jpg

Then some Cedar Tree Trail
browns04.jpg

browns05.jpg

Then we started playing on Firebreak 5. Here we stopped so rod could refill his bleeding T-Case
browns06.jpg

It was snowin pretty good
browns07.jpg

browns10.jpg

Firebreak 5 is a long trail
browns08.jpg

Jeff poppin out of a Firebreak 5 road crossing
browns11.jpg

Rod struggling to get outta the same spot, I'm really glad he struggled here and I rubbed it in. Mostly because in a few minutes he'll post the pics of me having to be pulled outta there with a towstrap, lol. So when he came up he was holding up his hands as if to mock me, and then he started having troubles getting up the last part of the hill. Made me feel better haha.

Aside from all that they are some pretty good action shots of his rig.
browns12.jpg

browns13.jpg

His Jeep was a little monthly. He had a t-case leak he didn't know about til we headed out there.
browns14.jpg

The snow got really deep up high. It looked really cool.
browns16.jpg

browns17.jpg

Towards the end of the day, madmax and one of his buddies decided to play on the Crushers, no one got too far, and madmax broke a window. Pretty hectic under an assload of snow.
browns18.jpg

browns19.jpg

browns21.jpg

Madmax
browns22.jpg

This is about as far as he got, and that tree on the right broke his window

browns23.jpg

When he hit the tree, it knocked all the snow off, here is Kyle (aussiewheeler) taking a snow shower

browns24.jpg

browns25.jpg

This is about the last good pic I got before I fell in the snow and fogged up my camera.
browns28.jpg

This guy showed up right as we were about to leave, he goes by benztoy on here. Jeff lost a rear diff so this guy pulled him out of the snow so we could get him down the road. Hopefully we see him at the next Meet/Greet
browns29.jpg

Here we were just before we bailed outta browns camp for the day. Doug played on the rocks a little and we went on our way.
browns32.jpg

browns33.jpg

I am sure someone elses pictures will be better.

WOW! one of the best snow runs i've made. had a blast! Yes, the end was quite eventfull. i think we all have some sort of damage or repair needs after this one. here are a few pic's...
100_0833.jpg

Our friend Doug posing.
100_0829.jpg

end of the day group shot, broken, beaten, cold, wet and wanting to go home.

100_0825.jpg

Aussie (kyle) after his snow shower curticy of Madmax.
100_0821.jpg

Madmax making an atempt to enter the crushers. Denied! but heck of an effort!

100_0818.jpg

100_0816.jpg

Dougs friend that came along (don't recall his name) making his atempt at the crushers.
100_0810.jpg

100_0808.jpg

Jason having a bit of trouble getting off of firebreak.....snicker, snicker.....
100_0807.jpg

100_0806.jpg

100_0805.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0802.jpg

Jason hugging a tree.
100_0801.jpg

Last edited:
here are the videos i shot.

MadMax gittin some on the entrance to the crushers.

Jason on F5

here are a cpl videos of Doug's buddy.

Last edited:
Back