• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thatxjguy's 1999 Jeep Cherokee Build 'Hole in the Pocket'

Your going to need to up the fused link wire from the alternator, using that fuse spot works perfect.

I know I will have to soon if I want to get the most out of it, but I'm not prioritizing it because I don't do much that is going to draw all that amperage right now.

I'm ordering one of 5-90's 4-gauge setups, and found a nifty Xscorpion battery terminal that shows the voltage output right at the terminal :).

I'm ordering one of 5-90's 4-gauge setups

He hasn't been on in a while. There's even a thread in the off topic section about it.

I'm ordering one of 5-90's 4-gauge setups, and found a nifty Xscorpion battery terminal that shows the voltage output right at the terminal :).

I have one of 5-90's wiring upgrade kit on my '01 XJ now and it's money well spent. I've actually added the kit to both XJ's I've owned. Not sure what's up w/him not being around however...

Oh, and please post up info on the Xscorpian battery terminal that shows voltage and how well that works. I think that's a GREAT idea and strange I've never heard or seen anything like that posted here before. :)

I guess I don't see the usefulness of a battery read out under the hood. Marine grade brass terminals are what I used, that and I made my own 4 gauge setup, really pretty easy to do.

It's like having a fuel pressure gauge mounted to the fuel rail all the time vs. hooking up a gauge when you need to check it. It's just always there letting you know without the need to pull your voltage tool out of the tool box to check. Not necessary, but nice to have on the fly.

I have nice marine grade terminals right now, but I like the 'idea' of having a digital readout all the time on my battery ready to see. At least that's my take... :)

He hasn't been on in a while. There's even a thread in the off topic section about it.

Yeah, you have to visit his Web site and e-mail him directly. I've been talking to him over the last couple of days via E-mail and he seems to answer when he gets to visiting the library.

Got this yesterday!

64jpl1.jpg

287dkqg.jpg

Got it all installed yesterday, with some magical wiring!

sw9u0x.jpg

2zflt6t.png

2qlu1sm.jpg

28saqz9.jpg

I am looking for one of these switches right now. Put a thread out there but not a lot of response so far. Sideways, how did you bump the idle to 1300? I was wondering if that could be done.

Yesterday at the junk yard, I found a computer cover on a 96 XJ Country. It was in perfect condition, and since I just did wire-splicing on my computer for the extended idle switch, I figured it would help keep my connections safe from water:

28u5zk9.jpg

Finished up the rest of the LED light bar/LED pod switches today:

1zxmlqx.jpg

ofy77m.jpg

I made my own custom plug ends for the switches.

As you can probably tell there's also a rock lights switch. I ordered some very special waterproof LEDs that I will be wiring in soon, so stay tuned!

Back