• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Test Drove the 2014 Cherokee Today-Pics

I understand that people don't like the new cherokee. I wasnt fond of it at all.

But I work at a Jeep dealer. I see more diesels wk2's and kl's than the average naxja member... I must say, the new diesel wk2, and the trailhawk KL are both products I wouldn't mind owning. Jeep makes some pretty incredible vehicles these days.

I'll be the first to admit that the base model or even the limited KL is hideous, but the trailhark is pretty stealth.

Untitled by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

Jeep makes some awesome stuff these days. Like this overland diesel-

Or this dead sexy Anvil Rubicon X.

I will say that the all black Trailhawks like in the first pic just look bad ass in person! I've been looking for videos on Youtube of those too, they look like they do pretty good and will go places no cross overs should consider going, let alone some of the so called SUV's out there. I do love the looks of the Trailhawk version on the Grands too though, they just look the part for me vs the standard, car tired models as well a lot of the modern independantly sprung Rovers and in particular, compared to any traditional fat station wagon.......er....cross over.

Just out of curiousity Sean, can the electronic parking brakes be and/or will the remain engaged if the KL is in gear? I wasn't just being a total smart ass with that parking brake as a dig comment. Maybe depending on how they're engaged, the might even be made to work independently as cutting brakes;)

Don't ask why, but to me there's just something wrong about that 4dr JK. Not sure if it's the 4drs, the size, the weight, the lack of sufficent engine, or just some of the people I see driving them. I like the 2dr and I liked the pickup conversion, but just can't warm up to the 4dr. Maybe on the next generation Chrysler/Fiat should look at going back to a smaller and lighter Wrangler like the YJ and TJ instead of the way Daimler-Chrysler went with the JK.

We're just going to have to get over the "Cherokee" badge being handed down to a "car-crossover" SUV. Bound to happen. We really should have been forced to deal with this when the Liberty came out. It was, after all, the "Cherokee" everywhere but here.

So it was handed down from a station wagon to a "car-crossover"? Doesn't seem like much of a hand down to me...

I agree 100% with what cottontail is saying. We are not the target market for the new Cherokee. The Cherokee name is worth money and cars will sell better with that name slapped onto it (remember when Ford re-named the Five Hundred to the Taurus a few years ago?). Chrysler is trying to make money (and i'm pretty sure they're doing a good job at the moment) and while they do care about all the different car clubs they won't give up on making a boatload of money by not releasing a car just because some butt hurt guys on a few internet forums call them turds.

I will say that the all black Trailhawks like in the first pic just look bad ass in person! I've been looking for videos on Youtube of those too, they look like they do pretty good and will go places no cross overs should consider going, let alone some of the so called SUV's out there. I do love the looks of the Trailhawk version on the Grands too though, they just look the part for me vs the standard, car tired models as well a lot of the modern independantly sprung Rovers and in particular, compared to any traditional fat station wagon.......er....cross over.

Just out of curiousity Sean, can the electronic parking brakes be and/or will the remain engaged if the KL is in gear? I wasn't just being a total smart ass with that parking brake as a dig comment. Maybe depending on how they're engaged, the might even be made to work independently as cutting brakes;)

Don't ask why, but to me there's just something wrong about that 4dr JK. Not sure if it's the 4drs, the size, the weight, the lack of sufficent engine, or just some of the people I see driving them. I like the 2dr and I liked the pickup conversion, but just can't warm up to the 4dr. Maybe on the next generation Chrysler/Fiat should look at going back to a smaller and lighter Wrangler like the YJ and TJ instead of the way Daimler-Chrysler went with the JK.

Honestly I don't know. Most new "E"- brakes don't have an override that I know of. I know the trailhawk has a rear locker!

I haven't driven or worked on one yet.

Back