• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Test Drove the 2014 Cherokee Today-Pics

Happytrails

NAXJA Forum User
So I stopped by the local Jeep dealer and chatted up my old friend there who is now the GSM. A KL just rolled off the truck last night and had not been picked up yet by his customer, so we took it out for a ride. Its a nice snappy car. All the high tech bells and whistles you would find in a BMW, Volvo, or Audi. Steers very precise. Comfortable. Quiet. A bit under powered with the 4 cyl. But very well featured. Styling is love it or hate it. Personally, I kind of like it. And I am sure it will be a great seller.

But at $36,000 do you really want to get it in the rocks, and streams, and mud? Really?

(And I asked him how well the $52,000 Grand Cherokees are selling. He said they outsell the dumbed down Grand Cherokees. Featured out they out do the BMW X5, and Mercedes SUV's.)

Here are some KL pics. . . You make the call:

97919-twojeeps4.jpg

97917-twojeeps2.jpg

97916-twojeeps1.jpg

97918-twojeeps3.jpg

97919-twojeeps3

It's still just a pimped out $35,000 Dodge Dart......

:rolleyes:

Shave its backside, drive it in reverse?

There is ugly, and then there is UGLY.

It makes the Nissan Puke and Pontiac Asstek look like Miss Universe contenders.

I wouldn't put it in the epic ugly group......

I had my 200 at the dealer last week for an oil change (only cost $12.88, can't do it that cheap myself:dunno: ) and they had a few more on the lot including a black Trailhawk Edition with blacked out rims..........actually looked kinda badass.............Can't believe I just typed that, but it did! Too bad you didn't get to take one out that had the 3.2l in it Happytrails, if it runs like the 3.6l in my 200, it would have run a whole lot stronger:D

I agree with Happytrails. They drive nice. They are much better with the 3.2. I am still on the fence about the looks but the trail hawk looks way better than the normal ones. They have already sold a few at my work. I just read there are already 10,000 on the road. It will be a good seller.

I asked one of the salesmen about how well these are selling for them too, sounds like they've been moving them pretty quickly and not only had a bunch show up while I was there, but the blacked out Trailhawk sold before I left the lot!

Looks like a turd....tapered on both ends.

It looks like an Isuzu Vehicross to me...

I'm sure if you drive it after driving one of our XJ's it will be a MUCH nicer and comfier ride than our decades old rigs. It's like driving my wife's '03 KJ vs my '01 XJ... a much nicer street ride. I don't like the drivetrain better, but seat of the pants is much nicer. :)

Different vehicles all around. It's just too bad they called it a "Cherokee" and not a revised Patriot or Liberty or something else... just doesn't fit the CHEROKEE name in my book.

And although I hate to admit this (it's like watching a train-wreck and I can't look away)... One of the Housewives of Beverly Hills was advertising the new Cherokee... made us all kinda throw-up in our mouths while watching. Considering in 'real' life she drives a Porche Panamerica, Benz or a Maserati... :)

OK, Gentlemen.
Do any of you remember what was said by the FSJ owners when the XJ came on the scene?
I don,t ,,because I was into the Pony cars and could care less about 4x4s.
I,m guessing that not much was made about it because it was only a smaller version,still with solid axles and a transfer case and after the 4.0 was put in a great motor.
This new thing has lost its way...too much electronics,no TC,shaped like too many of the other road runners and really "those are headlights".

Local dealer has a few,wonder if they will let me take it on a test drive on the local FS road, it would only be about 5 miles..... i could walk back.....

Back