• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Telling Your Girl How You Feel...about her...

All women are nucking futs...it's just a matter of what degree a particular one is.

AMEN!! I have been married to this one for 23 years only because she is less nuts than the damn first one was.

Throw in "The Change" and you will be ready to drive your Jeep off a cliff

First I thought you were going to ask how to buy a ring.

Then I was wondering if you liked her because of who she is or because she was young, blonde, and skinny.

Now I'm wondering, boy or girl? Hopefully it turns out to just be shallow dude.

When you say she eats junk, does that mean you don't even go to the grocery store with her? 'Hey baby, get me a twelver of Natty and some pork rinds while you're out'?

Have you let yourself go in the last five years?

Women marry men thinking they will change, and men stay the same.
men marry women thinking they will stay the same, and women change.

Always has been true, always will be.

Don't try to get in her head, its not possible because you are a male and shes a female. Just do your best to be as much of a man as you can and if she doesnt follow suit with working on her womanhood then shes not gonna make you happy.

I have been around the same weight since we have been together. I always try to look nice when we go out and she always compliments other women looking at me and I just want the same for her. She always complains to me that she isn't happy with herself, yet she doesn't do anything about it. I don't love her any less for not being EXACTLY what she was before. I just want her to still care. This has nothing to do with me moving on or leaving her because I won't let that happen...its not like I am miserable, I just want her to understand where I am coming from without bringing me down with her when I try to explain something to her. I never tell her she is fat or gaining weight. I simply say something along the lines of her not dressing up enough or "Hey, where is that sexy black dress you use to wear, I really liked that" Or hey, you know how much I love high heels, why don't you wear some when we go out tonight" stuff like that. I am not trying to change her or make her be a different person, because I know that deep down, she wants to tone up and have me say things about her that our friends are saying about their wives/girlfriends. I still tell her that she looks good or that I like her new haircut and stuff like that. I just want to be able to talk to her and tell her how I feel without her getting defensive. If she told me that she didn't like when I didn't shave or when I didn't cut my hair, My feelings might be hurt at first, but I would do it in a heartbeat, just to make her happy.

Women marry men thinking they will change, and men stay the same.
men marry women thinking they will stay the same, and women change.

Always has been true, always will be.

^this

Reminds me of another one:
Men play with love because what they are looking for is sex.
Women play with sex because what they are looking for is love.

One of the things that I found hardest to understand and deal with is when women tell you things that are giving them problems. My first reaction is to try and fix the problem. It only pissed them off. All they really want is for you to listen and care. This usually leaves me standing there looking like an idiot trying not to say the first things that come into my head when it is so obvious what needs to be done to "fix" the problem.

shes not. shes on BC and just had her period and we haven't done it since.

also, this just didn't happen in the last week or something...its more of a re accuring thing. She will get on path, do good for a month or so, then slip off for a couple of months. But she never gets to a point to where she is happy.

But she never gets to a point to where she is happy.

In my case, my ex-wife just isn't a happy person in general, and some people are just that way.

She thought getting married would make her happy. It didn't. She thought having kids would make her happy. It didn't. She thought it was me making her unhappy, so she left me thinking it would make her happy. It didn't. Almost 3 years since we've separated, and she's still the same pessimist she's always been.

Find someone else and save yourself a decade of your life and a truckload of money and heartache.

Think very seriously about that^

If someone had had that talk with me 10 years ago, I would have one less ex-wife, and the ton of cash I blew on her and the divorce. In fairness, I wouldn't have the two awesome kids I have now...

So, I guess if you REALLY want kids now... there's that. :dunno: :D

Do things together and don’t make the problem about her. If you like to work out and eat healthy then do those things together. Slowly work into it maybe change one meal a week or go on a walk together. The problem I see is when you say things like she never gets to the point where she is happy. Depending on the severity of the problem you may want to get some advice from a doctor.

I love my girl to death, I do. We have been together for over 5 years. Here recently though, it seems she has stopped caring about herself. I try to talk to her about it, but all that happens is, she comes right back at me with something that I do or don't do and she gets mad....I tell her in the nicest most mature way that I can, but she just cannot take criticism very well. I have to dress up for work everyday and even on my days off or at night, I like to always look good and smell good. I know that there is a certain level of comfort that happens between a couple, but I still feel like she can still try. All of our friends that are married or are a part of a couple, there girlfriends are all losing alot of weight and working out and stuff and eating right and I just don't see why she can't jump onboard. I already know that she loves the way she feels when she gets compliments on her weight and stuff and I know that it makes her feel good to look in the mirror and like what she sees....so my question is for you guys or girls...How can I tell her to where she will hear what I am saying and not think I am a jerk for saying anything?

Tell your girl how you feel? You're a guy; guy's don't have feelings.

Back