• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team V8

YES!!! That will be awesome. Any luck on finding any axle parts yet?

Yea, I can't wait to get that thing running and spin some tires.

Haven't really been looking, the whole no money thing. One of my friends has a sweet rear 35 spline 60 I want. I could probably swing it with selling my 35 but then it would look and drive real funny.

yea but it would only be temporary. Can't be much different than when you had the full width front 44 and the 8.8 rear a couple years ago. I say do it if you ask me.

well the genral ran tonight!!! for the first time with its new engine.

all is not completed 100% yet but it fired up and idled for a minute :D

i have some shots of the roll cage but need to get them uploaded.

and yesterday was very good in my department for the junkyard run.

the radiator we got fits in the area we need but its kinda small and only single core so it may or may not work but we got a warranty on it just in case.

well the genral ran tonight!!! for the first time with its new engine.

all is not completed 100% yet but it fired up and idled for a minute :D

i have some shots of the roll cage but need to get them uploaded.

and yesterday was very good in my department for the junkyard run.

the radiator we got fits in the area we need but its kinda small and only single core so it may or may not work but we got a warranty on it just in case.

pictures! now!

Pics or.......:bs:

No BS here, he is right. And, when he saw it, it still didn't have any vacuum lines hooked up, or the timing set yet, so it really ran poorly. But after he left, I made a parts run, got all of the parts I needed to finish the vacuum stuff. When I got back, I put all of those parts on, added tranny fluid, set the timing, put on the water pump, and let it MOVE under its own power!

So, today's accomplishments are as follows: Serviced trans, fixed crossmember/skid plate mounts, hooked up both shifters, installed both dirveshafts, finished mounting all of the relays and the spark control module, put on the new water pump, and swapped out the alternator.

To do list: Plumb radiator and mount temporarily to test for efficiency, run heater hoses, make MAF Sensor mount, make new transmission tunnel cover, mount transmission shifter, make park safety switch mount, wire alternator, plug smog ports in the exhaust manifolds, mount power steering cooler and trans cooler, swap front axle, and make new steering.

There is still a lot of small stuff, but it should be driving tomorrow! I will post up a video at least of it running tomorrow.

burnouts... really? first of all i will be the only one doing that... and second... no its not a hotrod its a jeep, and third... my tires cant handle a burnout... they might blow up since half of them have huge slashes in them...

Actually accidentally did one in the shop. :doh: It was on fast idle still, and I was standing on the brakes, but when I put it in drive it started spinning the rear tires and pushing me towards the shop door! Luckily I was able to get it out of gear before something bad happened...

Slashes.... nah, more like sidewall sipes for better traction! :yelclap:

Can't wait to see it!

Actually accidentally did one in the shop. :doh: It was on fast idle still, and I was standing on the brakes, but when I put it in drive it started spinning the rear tires and pushing me towards the shop door! Luckily I was able to get it out of gear before something bad happened...

now those are the kind of stories i like to hear! exciting with a happy ending ;)

doug.... :twak:

you need .... :helpme:

anyways... soooooo back on topic :D

checked out the jeep tonight and brought a temp sensor for the engine. looking real good. sounds incredibly mean, it doesnt hurt that it is extremely loud because i dont have an exhaust on it yet... but i saw it fire up and run and move :D the radiator is held in place for now tempararily so we can test before we make it permanent and the fan needs to be ziptied on along with the steering and tranny coolers but other than that it is in good shape. shifter is in and positioned perfectly, tranny tunnel is covered up. everything is working well... should be ready for a test run and/or drive home before the end of this week.

i still have to find outer c's or a solution to my d44 problem and get that all put together and bolted in, then cross over steering by RSOR fab to follow that install. and then i might be done. atleast for now...

budget.... :flame: but i guess i underestimated this swap like i was :wierd: :smsoap: oh well... this will be my third and final jeep (bought it for 2300 and i have bought it over again twice...)

Doug, it has to be 74-80 from my understanding... although I really haven't looked into it much. That it just what Matt and Tim said. I actually took a video of it running, but I forgot to save it on my phone :doh: so that will have to wait until tomorrow. I will try to do it in the morning before class, if not, I'll do it when I get home tomorrow night.

Doug, it has to be 74-80 from my understanding... although I really haven't looked into it much. That it just what Matt and Tim said. I actually took a video of it running, but I forgot to save it on my phone :doh: so that will have to wait until tomorrow. I will try to do it in the morning before class, if not, I'll do it when I get home tomorrow night.

might be... im not up and up on my dodges.... matt had one a few year ago actually i want to say it was a mid 80's dodge

So... todays accomplishments: Plumbed radiator and mounted temporarily to test for efficiency, ran heater hoses, made new transmission tunnel cover, made a new transmission shifter mount and got it hooked up, made park safety switch mount and wired it (this took a while because the placement has to be perfect) wired shift indicator light, wired alternator, installed the temp sender that Blake brought by.

New to do list: Add water to cooling system, extend temp sender wire and hook it up, mount cooling fan temporarily and wire. I am going to wait on permanent mounting of the trans and P/S coolers until I am sure the radiator is going to be enough. I am kinda iffy about it... but it is an aluminum crossflow so maybe it will do the trick. Once I get it filled with water and the fan mounted, I have to install the plugs in the exhaust manifolds where the smog ports were, and then it's time for a test drive! After that, Blake has to route the air intake and filter, and get the exhaust done on it. We are thinking a 2 1/4" y-pipe into a single 3" exhaust with a glass pack and a turn-down that angles down and away from the jeep. After that gets done, it's time for an axle swap and new steering! :guitar:

And even better news: Now that Blakes Jeep can move under its own power again, I can start on part 2 of Team V8 and get that old raggedy POS FJ in the shop and get that wimpy 6.0 in it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back