• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC drop problem

eatsleepoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i just installed my 4.5" lift yesterday and im doing a 1" TC drop now, the problem is, is while trying to remove the stud from the welded nut in the frame the nut broke loose and is spinning. i was able to fish it out with a magnet but now how do i go about putting a nut and bolt in the hold down? theres no posible way to hold a new nut in the frame while tightening it with the new bolt. any ideas????? should i cut out a small piece of the frame on the side for a window then weld it back in when im done?

any info would be great!!

That is exactly what I had to do. Window the frame, tack weld another nut, and plate it closed.

Perfect time for frame stiffener!

HTT

I shaved a long thin piece of plastic small enough to fit in the round hole in frame bout 6 or 7 inches from broken stud. Slapped axel grease and stuck nut on end ,and positioned it over stud i drilled out.That worked for me.

yea i guess thats my only choice really...a guy at work suggested drilling a hole on the side big enough for a socket or wrench to get in there and hold the nut while tightening it, then get a rubber grommet at put it in the hole when your done
he insisted that a hole would b stronger in the frame than a rewelded window plus you could access it again if needed...

thanks guys!

Back