• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC crapped out

I remember seeing someone post that as well. Looking at the wiring schematic, the signal comes straight off the TPS on the later models. So yes, you need to get the right TCU which is easy since they are color coded. The Renix era ones have a grey connector and the OBDI ones have a green connector. The connector changed altogether in 96 or 97 I think. The wiring harness and connector have little tabs to prevent you from connecting the wrong one, but you can get them to fit with an exacto knife. I recall a thread about a guy who did that and wondered why it wouldn't shift right - swapping to a renix tcu fixed it.
Well, that's certainly a good thing to know (in case by some chance I accidentally chop my right arm or my left foot off, and have to revert to a slushbox).

Bought a used $100 aw4 had it installed by the shop the jeep was at. $900 This better last a while.

Back