• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

talk me out of 33x10.5's

571312_183_full.jpg

The one on the far right is 33x10.5 Swampers on Factory Back Spaced Wheels.

ktm racer 419 said:
i like the low slung look. a rig with 3" for 33's will be just as capable if not more capable in most situations as a jeep running the same tires and 8" of lift

He is right because you have a lower center of Gravity. If you run trails you will have to do minor trimming. I have pics of about how much. Takes about 30 minutes with a 4" mini grinder. $20 at Harbor Freight. We Just did my sons who sits at 4.5" and if you have RE 3.5" they sit about the same. My other boy and myself have done the same, but now have both jumped to 35s and no flares. Lots of Trimming. Kind of Pre-runner look.

Last edited:
33x10.5's installed!

Found a shop that had 33x10.5s in stock. They stuck one on for me to see and I went for it.

33x10.5 on stock rims. No rubbing turn to turn. Both ends of the lower front flares might be an issue on the trial. My JCR front bumper will take care of the front, we will just see on the rear.

For now, on the street, there is no rubbing at all, the look really good. I have yet to hit the freeway, but for around town the gearing may actually be better. (more on that later)

umm. haven't taken any pics of the jeep just yet. Plus I don't see an add image opton anywhere..

It sits alot like the one on the right of boise49ers pic.

I think my older body style (1988) must have more room in the wheel wells.

I will work on the picture thing

Thanks to the NAXJA forum feedback, my XJ is starting to look like a Jeep!

I have a 2000 xj 3.55 gears 3in lift with 2in shackel and spacer kit running 32x11.5 on stock wheels and they only rub when i am turning and i am kicking myself for not going with the 33s.Its my dd and i wheel the piss out of it.I say 33s and if u need to dont be scared to cut the fenders.

jeepfreak84 said:
Ya know big tires are nice and all, but Ive found that its the bite thats more important so long as your not going rock crawling :)

Bite is important in rocks, mud and everywhere. Size is just as important. I drive threw ruts that short tires stop dead in. Mud... Size matters....

true about size it does matter:guitar: I should have been more clear, basicly I meant ya dont need 33's or 44's to have fun, 30's or 31's can be just as much fun if ya know what ur doing though I wouldnt try a 3ft wide hole thats 8ft deep with them, or honestly any tire but thats just me :)

Back