• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

talk me out of 33x10.5's

The main issue IMO is that you're running stock rims, which will cause even thsoe 31x10.50's to rub at full lock. Spend the $200 and pick up some 15x8's with the proper backspacing.

Here's my rig. RE 3.5" with a .75" coil spacer on the front, and a Ford 8.8" Rear (adds about 3/4" lift to the rear). I run 31x10.50's on 4.10's with a 5spd, and if I did it again I would have gone 33x12.50's, I do alot of sand and surface area is your friend.

IM002204.jpg

you can see with the amount of space I have, 33's would be no issue.

I think you should go ahead and get them. You obviously want them, and as already stated, you could easily sell them if you changed your mind (and as already mentioned, you probably won't change your mind!).

i'm kinda kicking myself for not getting 33's :dunce:

Put 33's on, trim and put in the correct speedo gear. Save the money and regear later. If your kid is driving it maybe 33's with stock gears is the way to go when it comes to speeding ticket department. :laugh:

bl87xj said:
Give me reasons for not going 33x10.5!

Dana 30 front is the best reason to not do it. hasta

Other than that I'd say go for it, if and when you start breaking axle parts just "polish the turd" and upgrade the 30, or pick up a pair of D44's.

MisterFubar said:
Dana 30 front is the best reason to not do it. hasta

Other than that I'd say go for it, if and when you start breaking axle parts just "polish the turd" and upgrade the 30, or pick up a pair of D44's.
a d30 will hold up to 33's if you're not in big rocks or stupid with the skinny pedal.
mine's been just fine with 34x9.5 bias ply swampers, I just got done beating on it with the skinny pedal yesterday.

87manche said:
a d30 will hold up to 33's if you're not in big rocks or stupid with the skinny pedal.
mine's been just fine with 34x9.5 bias ply swampers, I just got done beating on it with the skinny pedal yesterday.

X2 mines held up fine also.

My 33x10.5 BFGs (MT) should be here today or tomorrow. The plan is to make 'em fit w/approx. 3" of lift (OME/DPG). We'll trim and bumpstop till they work w/o excessive rubbing. Having my heart set on running some stock BS Alcoas, I have a set of 1.25" spacers available if needed. Of course, the 4.56 gears are in, and a set of Superior Chromos in the D30 just in case. In short, I guess I can't dissuade you from doing it!

x however many
go with the 33's.

We could all pick and pry and tell you tons of reasons not to get them. But if you don't get them and then regret it, you'll just loose money trying to re-sell some 31's to go buy 33's.

how about 9.5" 's

I think I am good with the 33" ht.

Now I wonder about the width. Should I go 33x9.5 to gain that extra 1/2" of insurance on the inside?

Would love to see what a RE3.5 lift looks with 33x9.5's

If only the tire shop could install a set for me to see.

Re: how about 9.5" 's

bl87xj said:
I think I am good with the 33" ht.

Now I wonder about the width. Should I go 33x9.5 to gain that extra 1/2" of insurance on the inside?

Would love to see what a RE3.5 lift looks with 33x9.5's

If only the tire shop could install a set for me to see.

If you go to jeepforum.com and then to the cherokee specific forums they have a sticky w/ pics of different tire/lift combos. You'll find tons of pics you want there.

Heres 33x10.50's on a 6" lift/4.5" backspace and a little trimming!
mvc-006f.jpg

crown%20king%2010-23-04%20019.jpg

stuffed.jpg

This is right after I trimmed and bumpstopped, it's with 3 inches of lift and spacers up front running 33x10.50's. Since these pictures were taken I have changed out the front spacers and added the JKS ACOS and reinstalled the fender flares and installed some Rock Krawler adjustable upper and lower arms. No rubbing, no grinding!!

100_1635.jpg

100_1636b-1.jpg

wheelwell010a.jpg

wheelwell011a.jpg

Last edited:
Aarghhh. I am really torn here.

I went to the tire store today. Asked about the 33x9.5's. The guy makes a call and says they are not available. He suggests 31x10.5's The proceeds to tell me the 33x9.5 will be wider than the 31x10.5s. telling me that 31x33 refers to the tire width and 10.5/9.5 refers to the height off the rim....dumb ass. I just rolled my eyes and left.

So now I am thinking 31x10.5's will be a safe choice, but not sure about the width.

33x9.5s or 33x10.5s will probably work, and I can always add shackles and/or spacers if I need an extra boost.

But I am thinking any of the above choices will require new wheels because all my close points are in the inside.

Now that my local tire shop has proven to be less than knowledgeable, I am thinking I should just order 33x9.5 mounted on steelies with 4-4.5 BS, have em shipped and see if they fit. That way I can check for myslef and will have the original wheels/tires to run if I need to do more mods.

What is a good online source for some crager wheels and 33x9.5 BFG AT's mounted and shipped?

Last edited:
bl87xj said:
Aarghhh. I am really torn here.

I went to the tire store today. Asked about the 33x9.5's. The guy makes a call and says they are not available. He suggests 31x10.5's The proceeds to tell me the 33x9.5 will be wider than the 31x10.5s. telling me that 31x33 refers to the tire width and 10.5/9.5 refers to the height off the rim....dumb ass. I just rolled my eyes and left.

So now I am thinking 31x10.5's will be a safe choice, but not sure about the width.

33x9.5s or 33x10.5s will probably work, and I can always add shackles and/or spacers if I need an extra boost.

But I am thinking any of the above choices will require new wheels because all my close points are in the inside.

Now that my local tire shop has proven to be less than knowledgeable, I am thinking I should just order 33x9.5 mounted on steelies with 4-4.5 BS, have em shipped and see if they fit. That way I can check for myslef and will have the original wheels/tires to run if I need to do more mods.

What is a good online source for some crager wheels and 33x9.5 BFG AT's mounted and shipped?

I have two used 33x10.5's, and a set of ugly six spoke wheels(in the socal for sale)....the tires you can have, come get them(depending where you are in california)
that way you can throw them on and see how it looks...

Justin

Back