• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgrades.... suggestions

XJ9888 said:
Alright, i was off road and bent the crap out of my tie rod, and i didnt realize it until the outside of my drivers side tire was almost bald :eek: !! I need to upgrade my tie rod and wanted to know my options. I have looked at the RE chromoly rod, rustys, and JCR but they dont have any in stock right now. I was also looking at their 1-ton upgrade which i would really like to do but i dont have the money to do it right now. Keeping in mind that price is a factor, what do you guys recomend? Any other companies that make a quality product?

You could just upgrade the tie rod with a Big Daddy Offroad tie rod.

http://www.goferitoffroad.com/other_products.htm

Speaking of steering upgrades, what is everybody using as a steering box replacement? I'm looking into the tie-rod replacement as well, but I haven't decided on a good steering box replacement. Any ideas?

Drake69 said:
Speaking of steering upgrades, what is everybody using as a steering box replacement? I'm looking into the tie-rod replacement as well, but I haven't decided on a good steering box replacement. Any ideas?

A lot of us that are on 6+ inches of lift and 35"+ tires use XJ box, and found its more than enough to get the job done. ;)

You can use the durango box, but you have to get the right one, or be prepared to have the steering stops removed from it to get full lock to lock steering.

Back