• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting and XJ build questions

On the main page of the form there's listing for the winterfest forum. It's at badlands off-road park in Attica Indiana.i believe the dates are the 3rd and 4th of March. Got some time yet, but it's also a great way to meet a lot of us in the Midwest chapter.

Alright thanks! I'll look into for sure. Just got all my vacation time back. And it would be nice to meet some MWC people.

Dont you fool yourself, we suck just as much in person. But I continue to to make that 6ish hour drive year after year to hang in a rock pile with these guys....and I don't even wheel.

That's what's up. Told the wife about it and she said you going. So I think that's a green light. My build is not going to be done by then. So I'll see you in the rock pile.

I have about 3" of lift, 31 MTs and I made it through the green trail with no bypass, along with orange trail(medium) rock garden.

There was a stock XJ that made it through green trail (bypassing the rock gardens).

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well I didn't order anything. My daughter is getting tubes in her ears Friday and it's expensive. So I'm just going to pay the bill in full bc if I paid it Friday it would be $400 cheaper, what a racket, and wait to recoup the money before I buy anything. Family first. And depending on how she feels I might not go to moonlight Sunday. They say she should be fine but I'm not going if she is in any discomfort. I still have not taken my damn jeep off-road in the year and a half I've owned it.

Welcome to the club, I am from your area and may be able to help with a few things if ya like. My little family and I wheel at WinterFest every year. We have learned a ton here at NAXJA over the years. The events are awesome and it is worth becoming a full member for the discounts or just to support NAXJAs work in preserving land use rights.

For my family we did a clean, medium build that could be driven to and from events. We went with 4" and 31's and had a great time with it like that. We moved up to 4.56, locked front and rear and 33's. We have had the opportunity to wheel a bunch of places and we can get wherever we want. Minus the most extreme of obstacles that my family wouldn't be comfortable with anyway, and those always seem to have bypasses. With proper skids, tow points, and reinforcement, we plan to enjoy our XJ for a long time to come! It seems like you are on track to a similar build. Anyways I have a build thread that may interest you, albeit out of date.

Cheezeman is awesome but my friend and I are here in Stl. and could weld in the mid stiffeners if you would like. Just shoot me a Pm about it if you want more info.

Last edited:
Back