• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best upgrades you've done?

That makes sense, I didn't even realize the 8.8 was narrower...and I've had one in a cherokee before. :doh:

Has nothing to do with MPG. XJ vibes are amplified in the cab so if you can eliminate spinning the front drive shaft you will eliminate noise in the cab. Also easy to service wheel bearings.
Meh. I did this on a TJ I had to get 5x5.5" bolt pattern, serviceable bearings and locking hubs. I wouldn't say it's the best mod ever but if you're running a bigger lift it does help with vibes when you run correct caster or 35"+ tires you get hubs that last longer than stock unit bearings it's helpful.

rubicon 4.1 transfer case

What are you using for a crossmember/skid? I want to go to SFR's 4-link, but theirs is only compatible with the 231 unless you want to hack and weld. Seems like there's very little on the market that will accommodate the slight extra drop of the 242 and 241.

What are you using for a crossmember/skid? I want to go to SFR's 4-link, but theirs is only compatible with the 231 unless you want to hack and weld. Seems like there's very little on the market that will accommodate the slight extra drop of the 242 and 241.
I didn't have any issues with my 241OR in my '95 with long arms (based on a factory crossmember).

Back