• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek May 17th, The smaller; earlier group

I think the camera guy has a tire fetish and A.D.D. LOL.

Thanks for posting those. I didn't have my camera so I don't have any pics of the other NAXJA group.

..............actually you are correct. He is developmentally disabled and one of his diagnosis is A.D.D :D

He is a good kid(not really a kid, over 20 years old), wife & I take care of him, kind of like adult foster care.

I took the video of kstutz and the first one of CAGED94XJ on the poser rock & 1st obstacle (bout fell down the drop off I was not paying attention.)and he did the others.
There is always next time:exclamati

Last edited:
Squeak, squeak, squeak...

I just had to.

That my friend is the rod end on the RE track bar, noticed it right after I swapped the track bars out. I need to follow my own advise and get the spray liquid Teflon!

..................that and I want to be cool just like YELLA! :D

Last edited:
That my friend is the rod end on the RE track bar, noticed it right after I swapped the track bars out. I need to follow my own advise and get the spray liquid Teflon!

..................that and I want to be cool just like YELLA! :D
Yeah dude I think the red/black is well done. A good, solid XJ. Just curious.. is that just bedliner? If so, it could make my next painting task a LOT simpler.

Ugh..... my head.......

I needed Dramamine before watching those vids...... :confused1

Friggin' hold the camera still fer cryin' out loud. :D

Glad you guys had fun regardless of snow pack issues! :thumbup:

I forgot to ask, at what elevation was the snow pack too deep to continue?

How many feet above sea level?

About 10,500ft.
Google earth+traildamage.com to find that. Use the terrain feature and the google street view to find the trailhead. It's technically called "silver city road."

..............actually you are correct. He is developmentally disabled and one of his diagnosis is A.D.D :D

He is a good kid(not really a kid, over 20 years old), wife & I take care of him, kind of like adult foster care.

Sorry... open mouth... insert foot! :doh:
Props to you for taking care of him. My wife works with developmentally disabled kids so I understand how challenging/rewarding that can be.

I forgot to ask, at what elevation was the snow pack too deep to continue?

The GARMIN said 10,334ft or something like that.

Sorry... open mouth... insert foot! :doh:

No offense taken man!

It is hard to tell when you first meet him then you get the idea. He loves to wheel and camp so he hangs out with me.

Great videos thanks Skully , i take the condo remark back ))) And in yella's defense my drivers door squeaked and he oiled it

Well (2) came out good, (1) so so, and the other (3) were all over the place. Thanks Jim!

I got the software to transfer .gpx track lists and it was awesome I would look at the GPS and it showed every turn, waypoint (obstacle, points of interest) elevation and how much time it had taken us. It even told me when the next full moon was going to happen! I love this GPS thing!

The squeaky thing.............if you ever ride with Yella you will know why I was making fun of it. Take my squeak and X's that by four.

Ugh..... my head.......

I needed Dramamine before watching those vids...... :confused1

Friggin' hold the camera still fer cryin' out loud. :D

Glad you guys had fun regardless of snow pack issues! :thumbup:

Where were you Yella you should have tagged along, sitting for an hour at the 3rd obstacle making fun of all the silly Jeeps trying that obstacle was annoying but humorous!

Marc was going to drive up the obstacle backwards and then back down again just to show them how it was suppose to be done, he should have but we were getting bored and wanted to get down off the hill.

Speaking of, I didn't see where you were guys mentioned it, but did anyone off the other NAXJA group get to the Rock Garden and how was the three groups turning around at the top? :shocked:

Okay Marc where the frack is your pictures?

Last edited:
Speaking of, I didn't see where you were guys mentioned it, but did anyone off the other NAXJA group get to the Rock Garden and how was the three groups turning around at the top? :shocked:

Okay Marc where the frack is your pictures?
Yeah we got up to the rock garden. There's a couple spots where it's wide enough right before the rock garden to be able to turn around right near where that snow was. Dave tried poking into the snow a little bit and got to try out his spankin' new winch to pull his a** back up onto the trail (he was getting tippy).

I'm kinda havin the same issue... I wanna know where the frack my group's pictures are too...

We didn't get any farther then anyone else, still a ways short of the Rock Garden I think.

I did go up and poke my bumper into the snow just for kicks and slid off the trail backing out. Had to winch myself back onto the trail. Oh well, I needed an excuse to use the winch anyway.

And I'm still waitin for Charlie to post up our groups pics.

Yeah we got up to the rock garden. There's a couple spots where it's wide enough right before the rock garden to be able to turn around right near where that snow was. Dave tried poking into the snow a little bit and got to try out his spankin' new winch to pull his a** back up onto the trail (he was getting tippy).

I'm kinda havin the same issue... I wanna know where the frack my group's pictures are too...

We didn't get any farther then anyone else, still a ways short of the Rock Garden I think.

I did go up and poke my bumper into the snow just for kicks and slid off the trail backing out. Had to winch myself back onto the trail. Oh well, I needed an excuse to use the winch anyway.

And I'm still waitin for Charlie to post up our groups pics.

:eek: Something captures my interest in these two posts... I'm not quite sure what it is...

According to my GPS track at that snow, we were right there, and it claimed to be accurate to within 50ft. I walked up probably 100ft or more and it was nothing but snow to be seen, and could not see any rocks or any part of the trail.

..........................By chance did Charlie get any pictures of the failed attempts by the pretty in yellow and black XJ's going up #3 obstacle?

:gee:

Last edited:
According to my GPS track at that snow, we were right there, and it claimed to be accurate to within 50ft. I walked up probably 100ft or more and it was nothing but snow to be seen, and could not see any rocks or any part of the trail.

..........................By chance did Charlie get any pictures of the failed attempts by the pretty in yellow and black XJ's going up #3 obstacle?

:gee:
I'll have all the pictures this thursday or friday. I'll be uploading my vids tomorrow...which does include the video of me crushing my exhaust.

I had fun watching at the third obstacle, regardless of the wait time. All in all, a very good day.

Mark holy hell man air those tires down. You have bead locks and a trailer, your tires look like they had 40 PSI in them on the videos. I ran my boggers at 4 PSI without bead locks. Then again those boggers looked like they had 40 PSI when i had them at 8 PSI. I hate boggers.

Mark holy hell man air those tires down. You have bead locks and a trailer, your tires look like they had 40 PSI in them on the videos. I ran my boggers at 4 PSI without bead locks. Then again those boggers looked like they had 40 PSI when i had them at 8 PSI. I hate boggers.

Agreed...............

Skully said:
The squeaky thing.............if you ever ride with Yella you will know why I was making fun of it. Take my squeak and X's that by four.

Jeezus...... I take the Truggy on my first trail with it after I traded for it and find that it squeaks like hell and you act like it's a perma-squeaker.

It's been oiled since then and I've replaced all the 'Krawler joints on the long arms....... it's as quiet as a church mouse now...... :moon:

Jeezus...... I take the Truggy on my first trail with it after I traded for it and find that it squeaks like hell and you act like it's a perma-squeaker.

It's been oiled since then and I've replaced all the 'Krawler joints on the long arms....... it's as quiet as a church mouse now...... :moon:

Uh no, wasn't Spring Creek last year your first trail run with it? You had your black XJ your buddy from out of town drove and the Truggy you had just traded? :eyes:

...............a 3,000 lb church mouse! .....hey did you ever paint that axle? :D

Back