• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Small Pop-up camper

I'm climbing under the camper this afternoon. I have to pull the 'T' in the gas line to replace it with a union. I'm doing away with the supply line for the fridge.

I need a grill to leave in this thing. I LOVE cooking burgers, chicken and steak when we're camping. I need something really small. It usually just me, the wife and the kids. (The kids do well to split one burger.)

I'm looking at a couple different gas grills (I want gas). I want it to last. I don't want one of those 29 dollar cheapos that last one season. Do any of you guys have experience with these small ones?

I like these three. In this order:

O-Grill 1000 (This one appears to be made really well)
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/o-grill-1000/48961

Crusinart (I like this one because it's really small and comes with it's own little bag to tote it in.)
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/cuisinart-tabletop-gas-grill/55582

Coleman RoadTrip Sport Grill (Gas) - (My dad has one like this but it's the LX Full sized version. I like it but the legs take up a lot of room. It wouldn't fit in the compartment.)
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/coleman-roadtrip-sport-grill/54919

What do ya'll grill on?

Went camping this weekend. Didn't get to take the camper, it's not quite ready yet. Did some fishin.

2012-04-29_16-59-44_14.jpg

2012-04-29_16-59-00_497.jpg

Last edited:
I would highly reccommend it. Really comes in handy if the trailer starts swaying/pushing the jeep. makes panic stops possible again

The original axle has brakes but they aren't hooked up. I'll hook them up and see how I like it.

Now, if (more like when) I go with a different axle, lift it and run a different suspension I can't really justify spending 500 bucks on an axle with brakes on it. Finding them on Craigslist just isn't working.

I figure I'll get a straight axle with brake flanges for later when I want to spend the cash on the brakes.

Are most axles compatible with different brake kits? I'm assuming as long as the spindle diameter matches the bearing diameter and the mounting flange matches they'll work together. Correct?

I bought an axle recently, a 3500 lb axle. It has the flange for the brakes. I think they are all the same. With brakes, those axles new are only about $250, I just don't see the need for a 2000# trailer. FWIW, I hauled a 1800# pop up loaded over 2000# with the jeep loaded up all over the Rockies. I really never felt the need for trailer brakes, even when I stood on the brakes going 75 coming south through Wyoming, and some @#$% biker coming from Sturgis cut in front of me about two feet off of my bumper with my wife and kid in the jeep. I do have a stick, so I do gear down coming down the passes.

Fred

Finally took it camping. I liked it. Still needs some work.

The AC condensation dripped in the floor all night.

DSCF7928.jpg

DSCF7989.jpg

Maybe next time I'll put the thing out in the middle of no where. I wish we had more 'Wilderness' to explore.

Looking good.Glad you got a chance to use it.Did you take the family with you?Did they enjoy it as much as you if you did?

Yup. They all went with me. They had a great time.

Graffiti on the pavement.

DSCF7921.jpg

Did some caching at the park.

The kids and the lil' sister-n-law.

DSCF7915.jpg

Even took the dog.

DSCF7930.jpg

Have to show my wife this one. She has been wanting to cover or replace out laminant in the PUP

Oh yeah. It's cake to replace. I still haven't glued it down but it takes no time to cut it and get it in there.

Back