• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop wants $850 an axle to regear....

I don't think that price is outta line if they do a great job. I work on boilers and we charge around $150 per hour. sounds like a lot of money until you have a company come out that charges $90 per hour and f's your boiler up. eventually you'll call us and we will fix it right. but at $150 per hour, your are paying for all of the schooling we get, the best tools and hopefully the smartest guys in the industry. I don't mind paying more if the job is done right! my hp dana 30 is getting done right now with a super 30 kit with an arb for $2200. but it will be done right and I will not have to worry about it on the trail. spend the money and get it done right!

thats fine and dandy.... but we're not talking boilers.
nothing wrong with buying quality, but besides a warranty, what else does a professional gear install get you over a quality P2P install...///

thats fine and dandy.... but we're not talking boilers.
nothing wrong with buying quality, but besides a warranty, what else does a professional gear install get you over a quality P2P install...///
well it the install is done right then probably nothing, but if it is done wrong then it gets you new parts. If you can find somebody you trust then I say go for it. I could not and I don't have the time to do it myself. for me, I am paying to have a guy do the work to my standards and I don't mind paying for it.

Back