• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock/lift help

mobbthatjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 4.5 inch lift and im trying to get some bilstein 5150s for it but im not sure what size to get. I have a Rubicon Express 4.5 inch lift with 2 inch coil spacers in front and i just ordered a Rough country control arm drop kit i know its going to either be inbetween the 10" and 12" and im thinking of going closer up to a 6 inch lift. where is the cheapest place to find the shocks? Marlin Crawler has them for 99$ a piece.

yeah im not sure what your talking about on the website either i dont see the 5150s and yeah marlin is a good company so i think im goin with them but anyone know what size might be good to run?

Good question, I have the same situation and my RE shocks are on the short side after my addition of ACOS with my 4.5" lift, I was planning on going with bilsteins too.

Flex your jeep out to where you are on your bumpstops.

Measure from the upper shock moutn to the lower shock mount. Subtract 1". Go look at bilstiens site, and you will see the compressed length for each shock - find the closest fit.

I'm willing to bet it will be the 10" shock, but it depends on your bumpstops. Ride height is almost irrelivant, what you're concerned with is compressed height.

Back