• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Length for T&T 5.5" Y-Link?

ROBERTK said:
Dude he gave ya a reach around with that huh? Daym, you two must be tight, or loose? :moon:

I'm not the one sticking my ass out! I'm glad that you can provide such useful info.

FWIW, I just traded my Scrambler for another Cherokee and a TNT 5.5" lift THAT CAME WITH SHOCKS. <horror />

My buddy kept the shocks for the Scrambler build but I'll ask him to look at them and get the model/PNs tonight if he has time. Might as well get the brake lines too I guess?

Trailbst said:
Thanks Root. His kit came with the longer brake lines.
Yes, I believe so. He's not home this PM so it'll have to wait till tomorrow evening likely.

Well, the shock measurements came out to 16-28" front and 12-22" rear. The front is a common size, but the rear is rather short because of the shock relocators that raise the mounts on the axle tube. So .... does anybody know what shocks are available in a 12-22" length?

JonnyK said:
So .... does anybody know what shocks are available in a 12-22" length?
I just checked and RE's RXJ508's would be about 2" too long... How about the RXJ512? 13.8" collapsed and 21.8" extended. It's listed as a lifted CJ rear shock I believe, so other companies should have a comparable length. It's not taking full advantage of the room you have to flex, but with shocks that short you're limited to how much they can extend.

Back