• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running 38's , need advice

IMAG0152.jpg

here she is, still need to take the beadlocks off the rear,

is that stock steering I see? I really hope not.

skinny boggers on aluminum rims might last reasonably on a built D30...As long as any heavier 37 would anyways.

if the spring isn't seated there is no way you have enough weight on that tire to make a difference.

kudos on the MAD SICK FLEXXX YO though.

Awesome? :cheers:

Limiting straps depend on what's currently limiting your suspension from going farther. I would say yes. I'd limit it just before it unseats the coil.

:dunno: id say nothing is limiting it right now, havent got shocks on it yet, i have a set of 14" travel shocks from the toyota crawler that are 35.5" extended, gotta see if they'll work up front , guessing they're to long, but might custom mount them so i can have limited up and lots of down travel

:dunno: id say nothing is limiting it right now, havent got shocks on it yet, i have a set of 14" travel shocks from the toyota crawler that are 35.5" extended, gotta see if they'll work up front , guessing they're to long, but might custom mount them so i can have limited up and lots of down travel

strap it so that the springs are just about to, but don't quite unseat. once the spring unseats, that tire is doing you very little for traction.

not to mention if the spring is unseated and the weight shifts it can cause all kinds of good things like flops and rollovers.:conceited

KTM...wasn't trying to say that 4 inches isn't significant. Im just saying that 38s can be run without needing an ungodly amount of lift. compared to most of my some of my friends running only 35s im still lower.

I promise that steering is maxed out in that picture.

Back