• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country drop bracket install w/ pics

I have the Rough Country fixed arms that comes with the 4.5" lift. Can I use them with the drop brackets.

jeep_623h.jpg

These brackets look nice for the money. I'm going to get a set once I get an SYE and can go to 4.5". Funny thing is that I followed this thread to the Rough Country website, and a link on the site brings you right back to this thread. COOL

About the swaybars hitting the springs... RE gives you a bracket in their kit that offsets the sway bar forward to keep it away from the springs.

That's cool but my problem was that the coil was not sitting in the bucket correctly. It was flexing forward and compressing the coil spacer on one side. The only way we found to correct this problem was to rotate the coil. That made it sit correct in the bucket and took the flex out of the spring. The problem I had, had nothing to do with the Rough Country drop brackets or braces.

I have a RE 4.5 inch super flex lift with daystar 2 inch spacers in the front and 1.5 inch shackles in the back. Both my upper and lower control arms are RE, are these brackets going to make my on and off road performance that much better? Because of my axle being pulled back by the harsh control arm angle I am running 32X11.50 tires, but I want to run SSR 33X12.50's(True 33inch Tires). My fenders are cut, does this sound realistic? Great discription on the install by the way. Have you had a chance to put them through some abuse yet? If so how are they holding up? And your rocker guards, are they RC's sliders?

Last edited:
I ordered my RC drop brackets Monday from Jason, they shipped out the same day and were waiting for me when I got home Friday evening. I installed them after dinner Friday night, they mounted with no issues at all. The only problems or delays I had were my own. My BDS lift sit at 5.5" and the control arms had to be pulled almost all the way in. I set the LCA's to about 16 and the UCA's to about 15 1/4". I got to give them a quick test today on and off the road and they make a significant difference, especially with the on road ride. An excellent $200.00 modification! Here's some pics for those interested.

Installed & ready to go.
p1010124.jpg

Looks good.
p1010123.jpg

A little flex shot.
p1010120.jpg

A look underneath.
p1010121.jpg

Throttle said:
Do we get a discount for being a NAXJA member?? I want to order these today, just wondering if I should enter a promo code.

you are a user, not a member.

read the entire thread and you should find out WHO and WHY you should order through

Finally got mine installed this weekend, went pretty well.

The one hangup I had, a little like Semper Fi mentioned, was pulling the upper control arms.

The RC install says to simply "loosen and remove from the frame end..."

Mine would not come out like that. It sits inside a C shaped pocket, and even with the bolt pulled it can't just swing down. I pried the whole axle forward about three inches and there still wasn't near enough clearance to drop it out of the pocket.

In the end, I had to unbolt it from the axle end too, a 15mm nut on a torx-head bolt (and I friggin' HATE torx), then swing it down and reattach it.

By then, I had the axle so far out of alignment that I had to use a ratchet strap around the tranny crossmember to pull the axle back in where it belonged.

But the brackets themselves are great. I was fully prepared to spend $400 on the RE, and I'm confident I got all the quality for half the price.

Thanks!

Robert

Mopar It said:
how do you guys decide what length ur CA's should be after the drop brackets are installed?

Have you read the thread?

There's a chart in the RC install, and a couple of links posted throughout.

Robert

Mopar It said:
how do you guys decide what length ur CA's should be after the drop brackets are installed?

with any adjustabe control arm or drop bracket set up, you adjust them so you have proper caster and pinion angles.

just got back from Winterfest and it was the first chance I have had to wheel the new backets. I ran the easy and moderate trails (couldn't run hard b/c no front locker) and played in the quarey and was very impressed with the performance. It is amazing how the proper control arm angle took away alot of the crackling, popping and moaning out of the vehicle when flexing. All in all, I am VERY pleased with the product and its performance.

:huh: i'm curious about the LCA holes; it looks like they're slotted to allow for adjustability, but there aren't any provisions on the bracket to make a cam bolt useful. isn't the factory bolt able to freel move around?

it uses the factory alignment shoe and shims in the lca mount. look up the product on RC's web site and look at the installation instrustions, it outlines that specific item in the begining of the instructions.

if you guys are looking for cheap parts go to www.DC4WD.com . It's a guy who runs an online store and does installs in his shop. He's local to Roanoke,Va but his prices are very reasonable. This is who i use and i'm on a LOW LOW budget... but who isn't when it comes to jeeps.

J-just
E-empty
E-every
P-pocket

Back