• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country drop bracket install w/ pics

DansGreyMj said:
How do you figure what length to set the arms at?

If you are running a 4" or smaller lift you use your stock control arms with the drop down brackets if you are using a taller lift look at the link I put on in my last reply.

Chad29860 said:
If you are running a 4" or smaller lift you use your stock control arms with the drop down brackets if you are using a taller lift look at the link I put on in my last reply.
you need to have at least 4.5 to 5" to use aftermarket control arms anything less you would use your stock arms

edit: I just seen the post above oops

XJ&TJ4ME said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-01-Jeep-XJ-Cherokee-Control-Arm-Drop-for-Lift-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ002QQitemZ120221411359QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Damn, my pics even made it to eBay......do I get some kind of royalties or something cool like that?? :D

OK, I'd just settle for hats and stickers :)

actually, its illegal for them to use your pics without your written consent.

screw stickers, i would ask for some other parts for free, unless you did agree.

89xj said:
actually, its illegal for them to use your pics without your written consent.

screw stickers, i would ask for some other parts for free, unless you did agree.

Na, no need for anything like that. I am good friends with Jason at Rough Country and I gave him permission to use my write up and pictures in anyway that he deemed necesary. Well, anyway except on those beastiality sites :D

XJ&TJ4ME said:
Na, no need for anything like that. I am good friends with Jason at Rough Country and I gave him permission to use my write up and pictures in anyway that he deemed necesary. Well, anyway except on those beastiality sites :D

your a nice guy and i probably would do the same, but rough country should atleast throw you a bone.

I have been treated VERY well from Rough Country, so that is why I allowed it. They have thrown me many a bone.......nuff said.

yeah it should be honor enough that a suspension company is using your pics for their product.
DANG! i want some of these drop bracket but im like a 1/4" short of 4.5" of lift in the front and dont want to use stock LCA's.

I know it's been said if your at 4" of lift to use stock arms, but mine were shot so I've got Teraflex adjustable arms. If I wanted to use these drop brackets with only 4" of lift, could I just set the adjustable arms to stock lenght?

Mike

xj-boonie said:
I know it's been said if your at 4" of lift to use stock arms, but mine were shot so I've got Teraflex adjustable arms. If I wanted to use these drop brackets with only 4" of lift, could I just set the adjustable arms to stock lenght?

Mike

Yes all you do is adjust them to the factory length. Alot of people buy aftermarket adjustable arms and use the drop brackets. With them being adjustable arms you can fine tune the front suspension. I know when I had my trailmaster drop brackets and factory control arms my axle was pulled back alittle too far. If I would have had adjustable arms I could have corrected that.

I ordered the drop brackets, and some brake lines, from Jason on Monday. He told me they would be delivered to my house in 3 days, and they were. Today my buddy and I went to install the drop brackets, braces, brake lines, Rusty's trac bar, and a 1 inch coil spacer. We got everything installed with the exception of the drop brackets and braces. When we opened the box, the braces for the UCA's were not in the box. I called Rough Country to talk to Jason, but he has today off. The guy that I talked with understood what pieces were missing and assured me they would be shiped out first thing Monday morning. We are going to try and install them next Sunday, I'll keep you posted.

Semper Fi said:
I ordered the drop brackets, and some brake lines, from Jason on Monday. He told me they would be delivered to my house in 3 days, and they were. Today my buddy and I went to install the drop brackets, braces, brake lines, Rusty's trac bar, and a 1 inch coil spacer. We got everything installed with the exception of the drop brackets and braces. When we opened the box, the braces for the UCA's were not in the box. I called Rough Country to talk to Jason, but he has today off. The guy that I talked with understood what pieces were missing and assured me they would be shiped out first thing Monday morning. We are going to try and install them next Sunday, I'll keep you posted.

You will have them Tuesday I was at a customers open house on saturday and did not here about this until right now. I will get with whomever worked on saturday and make sure they go next day air if it is not to late.

has anyone installed these on a comanche? i'm assuming they'd work just fine but it'd be nice to know for sure

also, would RC be able to slap together the kit in an MJ friendly manner (that is to say just leave out the braces and their respective $$)

I got mine installed yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. Fit great, easy straight forward install, and boy are they beefy! Also installed the RC 4.5 kit on a buddy's rig yesterday, and he was extremely happy with the result.

Oizarod115 said:
an MJ friendly manner (that is to say just leave out the braces and their respective $$)

Why wouldn't you want the braces?

I know the RE braces are about three feet long and won't work with the MJ xmember, but the stubby RC ones ought to work fine...

:dunno:

Robert

Hmmm...damn. So would it be better to have the MJ LCA mounts with no braces, or XJ LCA mounts WITH braces....

Talk amongst yourselves...

Back