• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Adjustable Track Bar Opinions

so, which link do you want to be the strongest? the 1 link that holds the axle laterally, or the other 3/4 links holding it in the other directions.
Have you seen the "Ironman4x4" trackbar? it looks like someone cutoff and spraypainted my overweight mother inlaws left arm and stuck it between the axle and body of an XJ.. sure it looks beefy, but when her elbow sticks 3" below the axle it becomes a bit of an ugly speedbump anchor.(n)

RC vs RE

Photo0556.jpg

Have you seen the "Ironman4x4" trackbar? it looks like someone cutoff and spraypainted my overweight mother inlaws left arm and stuck it between the axle and body of an XJ.. sure it looks beefy, but when her elbow sticks 3" below the axle it becomes a bit of an ugly speedbump anchor.(n)

That trackbar is on my jeep. The trackbar didn't come out exactly as planned but he's being cool about it and making another one with the proper bend in it. The 2nd version will be alot better, watch. :)

I made my own, double sheer with a 3/4 rod end rated for 27,019 lbs. Spent less than 30 bucks, It does bother me to hear that people are breaking a 3/4 shank. I will pick up a spare just in case.
Tbrodend2.jpg

Tbwork7.jpg

Tbwork9.jpg

Tbwork14.jpg

Tbwork19.jpg

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Rubicon Express as well: their RE1660 heavy-duty trackbar and RE1665 trackbar bracket are excellent. They're pricier, but have held up well to desert & mountain bashing over the last 2-3 years. Worth every penny IMHO, and definitely better than the mistake I initially made with ProComp junk in that department to begin with.

How much should the front axle rotate when braking?
It seems the tie rod end should hold up better then the double shear end if the axle rotates a lot during braking.
Mine seems to rotate 20 degrees in the driveway when I hang out the door to look.

I think I should upgrade to polyurethane before putting on a double shear setup.

What do the experts have to say?

How much should the front axle rotate when braking?
It seems the tie rod end should hold up better then the double shear end if the axle rotates a lot during braking.
Mine seems to rotate 20 degrees in the driveway when I hang out the door to look.

I think I should upgrade to polyurethane before putting on a double shear setup.

What do the experts have to say?

Not much. I didn't have much rotation in my front axle. Are your control arm bushings worn? The axle does rotate a little while it's flexing or drooping.

Thats another reason for a trackbar like RE's that uses a Super-flex joint.

Back