• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RoM 2010

More then likely Extreme class. Just where you belong, the class that will break the most stuff.

Who was shooting video of when we were all playing on twister? If you have a video of when I was on it, it would be awesome if you could post it up. I'd like to see it.

Who was shooting video of when we were all playing on twister? If you have a video of when I was on it, it would be awesome if you could post it up. I'd like to see it.

i did but it is too big of a file to be one piece on photobucket. Part of it is there but not you making it up. I have to split it into 2 pieces and post them up that way on photobucket. When i get it done i will let you know.

On that note. Did anyone get video of my second trip up the easier part of Twister we were playing on. I want to see how bad I was teetering (three wheeling) on it. Thank you

Chia got video of all of us but his are on tapes so i don't know when he will be able to post them...

Hell I am still waiting on all the videos so I can make a DVD out of them.

Okay, here's what the members need to do to make it an event:

1) Make some suggestions about the "Organized Events" you'd like to see. Feel free to steal ideas from others.

2) BUY STUFF. It's hard to have a serious event when we have less than $200 to work with. Start making purchases at the shop or even just donate some cash. Maybe we should consider charging a "Cover" for the event that includes a T-shirt, meal, etc.

3) SHOW UP. With the understanding that life happens, we still only get about a 20% participation rate at any event. If you want bigger and better, you have to show that your committed to attending.

Here's what the BOD will have to do:

1) Start Planning now. Right now. This moment.
2) Work with National to arrange the goodies.
3) Make some decisions about how we want to use the limited funds available to us.

If everyone does their part, we could easily make an event to remember.

BOD, I'll put together a document for us to start tracking tasks associated with a big event and we can start delegating responsibilities as needed.

I went to an "event" in Arizona two years ago and they set the whole event up as a competition. You competed in several events with each event having a winner. You also earned points throughout all of the events that counted toward an overall score. The points were tallied and an overall winner was declared. Prizes were awarded for each event and for the overall winner.

I'm thinking that the events could be sponsored (the "Warn Winching Challenge", "The ARB Uphill Challenge", "The Rusty's Obstacle Challenge", "The Garmin Navigation Challenge", "The Tom Woods Chili Cook-off", "The Smirnoff Cocktail Championship", etc...

Bonus points can be awarded at the beginning of each event by correctly answering questions pertaining to camping, outdoorsmanship, orienteering, first aid, recovery, drivetrain mathematics, etc...

You could also have a few other sponsored prizes - maybe the "Lincoln Hard Luck Award", or the "RRC Going the Distance Award" (for whoever drove the farthest to attend).

Given the right audience and number of attendees (plus early start), there is plenty of time to start engaging sponsors. If you can guarantee media coverage (Maybe invite your favorite off-road magazine to attend) sponsors will be much more willing to participate.

Sometimes a sponsor will even sponsor a meal for the group. These can usually be smaller sponsors since it's not outrageously expensive to feed a reasonable crew (say 100 or less).

With all of the media coverage and sponsorship, the park may drastically reduce or eliminate entry fees for the publicity.

I think there should be a fee collected in advance that includes a decal and t-shirt for the event, admission to any provided meals, admission to the park and maybe even a donation to a worthwhile charity (such as Tread Lightly).

Speaking of Tread Lightly, we may be able to find a Tread Lightly Master Trainer to attend and instruct for at least the entry-level course.

I might be worthwhile to split the day into two sections - morning for competition/events and evening into discussions or interest groups. This would allow for some wheeling and some socialization. Interest groups could also provide training on topics such as first aid, recovery, welding, etc...

Just a bunch of random ideas...

I mean to say sponsors when i posted that..... my bad. Never even realized it until you posted that.

I help with a huge fundraiser for the Pulaski County (Little Rock, AR) humane society each year, called Craws for Paws. Its a huge Crawfish Boil, all you can eat CF, and all you can drink Beer with lots of Live music in the River Market in downtown LR. Usually we find sponsors to pay for pretty much everything (food, t shirts, drinks, the rental of the two huge pavillions we get), then sell the tickets for $25 in advance, and $30 at the door. All the proceeds go to the Humane Society. This will be our second annual event, last year we raised around $15K, and the Humane Society adopted out around 120 animals at the event.

I went to an "event" in Arizona two years ago and they set the whole event up as a competition. You competed in several events with each event having a winner. You also earned points throughout all of the events that counted toward an overall score. The points were tallied and an overall winner was declared. Prizes were awarded for each event and for the overall winner.

I'm thinking that the events could be sponsored (the "Warn Winching Challenge", "The ARB Uphill Challenge", "The Rusty's Obstacle Challenge", "The Garmin Navigation Challenge", "The Tom Woods Chili Cook-off", "The Smirnoff Cocktail Championship", etc...

Bonus points can be awarded at the beginning of each event by correctly answering questions pertaining to camping, outdoorsmanship, orienteering, first aid, recovery, drivetrain mathematics, etc...

You could also have a few other sponsored prizes - maybe the "Lincoln Hard Luck Award", or the "RRC Going the Distance Award" (for whoever drove the farthest to attend).

Given the right audience and number of attendees (plus early start), there is plenty of time to start engaging sponsors. If you can guarantee media coverage (Maybe invite your favorite off-road magazine to attend) sponsors will be much more willing to participate.

Sometimes a sponsor will even sponsor a meal for the group. These can usually be smaller sponsors since it's not outrageously expensive to feed a reasonable crew (say 100 or less).

With all of the media coverage and sponsorship, the park may drastically reduce or eliminate entry fees for the publicity.

I think there should be a fee collected in advance that includes a decal and t-shirt for the event, admission to any provided meals, admission to the park and maybe even a donation to a worthwhile charity (such as Tread Lightly).

Speaking of Tread Lightly, we may be able to find a Tread Lightly Master Trainer to attend and instruct for at least the entry-level course.

I might be worthwhile to split the day into two sections - morning for competition/events and evening into discussions or interest groups. This would allow for some wheeling and some socialization. Interest groups could also provide training on topics such as first aid, recovery, welding, etc...

Just a bunch of random ideas...

Yeah we are talking about doing all of these ideas... Like I said before we have a lil less than one year to plan it out and I think MOST of the details have been worked out so far... but thanks for the extra input.

Back