• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockfest 2012 Event Thread

Agreed.

CrashSomers aka rick the dick wants to run Sedona/cottonwood for Rockfest. I'm game for that. The only hickup I see is the spread of the trails and a base-camp.

Anyone apposed to Sedona for Rockfest?

I'm down for Sedona, is it going to be too cold in March?

Can we square away the W's?

Who
What
Where
When
WHow...doesn't start with a W unless I spell it I guess.

US... duh
RockFest...der
need to scout non blm/stl campgrounds or somewhere that will let us have our raffle
End of March as per usual?
by the seat of our pants as per usual :gee:

I contacted the prez of the Undertakers. He's going to take me on a run on Smasher Canyon and Brutal. I think that'll be pretty fkn sweet. I'll hit up Gasman and see if he's down also.

True dat.

YOURE GOING TO HAVE TO FORGIVE MY TARDED POST.

IM ON MY PS3

WE SHOULD PROBABLY NAIL DOWN A DATE FIRST

WHO WANTS TO INQUIRE TO TTHEMASSES

I just looked at the farmers almanac. Temps for the last 5 years and have been between 30 low and 80 hi for those dates in Cottonwood. So it could be pretty nice or real shitty :gee:

I just got off the phone with Nena Barlow @ Barlow Jeep Rentals in Sedona.

Smiley Rock probably isn't going to be a likely run for us. She said it will probably be covered in snow at that time. She confirmed my suspicions about the weather also.

She's sending me a bunch of coordinates for trails. I'm prolly gonna scout some this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok I have found out where a shitload of trails are. We're gonna be busy on the 13th.

I have talked with lolomai and dead horse campgrounds. I told them our scenario and I'm waiting to hear back from management on both places. They both have their ups and downs. I'd prefer to camp at the lolomai myself.

Once we're certain we're going to run Sedona for out event we're goiong to have to swoop on campgrounds. Everyone is saying they're swamped that time of year.

Last edited:
Back