• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock kraler almost killed me.........

I'm confused. To the people saying it's a manufacturing defect...when did Rock Kraler start manufacturing heim joints?

What size heim joint is it anyway?

And as far as "precisely measuring the thread size"...give me a break. If it threaded in, it was the right one. Not passing judgement on what happened here but nitpicking safety nazis are almost as annoying as the whining OP.

To the OP...before you drink a pot of coffee, take some non-blurry closeup shots of the inside threads on the trackbar, that's really what we need to see here.

They supplied the heim joint, they sourced them, they hopefully tested them, they are liable for them, does not matter who ultimately made them.

I would wager that there's not gonna be much wrong with the rod end. It's likely a much harder material than the insert it was screwed into.

That's why I wanted to see pics of the inside threads...or what's left of them.

take mooor picturzzzszzz

i don't believe you

Do not understand what the problem is here! Rock Krawler states that this part has an abuse proof lifetime warranty!
To me that means unless they can prove! that the part was incorrectly installed they must honor their warranty. The OP may or may not have installed this part correctly, no one knows for sure. It is just this simple if you have an abuse proof lifetime warranty, either honor the warranty, or don't advertise something as having an abuse proof lifetime warranty.

Then please, by all means, OP PROVE that part of the trackbar failed (eg: stripped threads on either component), because if the threads are still intact, then it was your negligence when installing it to not notice the parts you received did not fit together correctly, not the manufacturers. Yes, they may have sent you the wrong heim end joint, but you installed it that way - now it's on you.

Sorry to be harsh but sometimes the truth hurts

Then please, by all means, OP PROVE that part of the trackbar failed (eg: stripped threads on either component), because if the threads are still intact, then it was your negligence when installing it to not notice the parts you received did not fit together correctly, not the manufacturers. Yes, they may have sent you the wrong heim end joint, but you installed it that way - now it's on you.

Sorry to be harsh but sometimes the truth hurts

hahahah, funny stuff. Can you list two different rod end thread shank sizes that will actually go together when they are not the same size/pitch? It either fits, or it doesn't(assuming the threads are cut properly).

no the stering stabaliser is conected to the RR HD steering..... and yes the jamb nut was tight and it was threaded almost all the way in..... now i dont have the part nuber right on hand but i do know that the track bar was there bomb proof track bar for 6.5 top 8.0 inches of lift..... Realy Im a little upset about almost dying but i have had parts fail before and thats not what upsets me.... Its that RK stated a life time waranty, but when I call with an ovious manufactured defect they insinuate that im the moron for not tightning down my jamb nut..... what ever.... im just trying to warn others of the potental falier in the track bar and the supper $hitty customer service.... and I after closer inspection the hime is to small for the threded part on the bar....... o well
any one want to buy a slightly damaged rk track bar for 6.5 to 8" of lift?:laugh3:

He said it not me
:shhh:

What is that like 3 threads?
ce1db697-5172-fbb8.jpg

Just asking.Cause thats all i count with my old eyes.

Crappy picture, can't tell from that view. The shank on the heim looks like it had at least 10, but that could be glare as well. Need more detailed images of the bore of that tube else it is meaningless.

The heim joint is now "too small" to grab the 3 non-existent threads in the track rod after they were ripped out from poor installation. No wonder the locknut was working loose with so few threads engaged. Good eyes scottmcneal and dukie564.

who wants to bet the OP never comes back? :wave1:

I'm confused. To the people saying it's a manufacturing defect...when did Rock Kraler start manufacturing heim joints?

What size heim joint is it anyway?

And as far as "precisely measuring the thread size"...give me a break. If it threaded in, it was the right one. Not passing judgement on what happened here but nitpicking safety nazis are almost as annoying as the whining OP.

To the OP...before you drink a pot of coffee, take some non-blurry closeup shots of the inside threads on the trackbar, that's really what we need to see here.

ANY part supplied by a manufacture with their components become their problem. When did ANY auto manufacture start producing tires, some electronics, etc. All problems giving auto manufactures with parts they did not produce!

So when he got this thing with it already in the track bar(the joint) all he did was set it to the lenth he needed right? I know i didn't take mine apart to check the threads, but i think i will now.LOL.
I don't think i failed, i'm ove 50 and don't have on my glasses and yet i seen this. You guys with good eyes can't see your A$$ from a hole in the ground from what i can see.I am glad he didn't kill anybody or himself and his family.The man got lucky here.I would cut that pile of chit up and buy a rusty track bar, that one you'll know is going to break sooner or later.

Crappy picture, can't tell from that view. The shank on the heim looks like it had at least 10, but that could be glare as well. Need more detailed images of the bore of that tube else it is meaningless.

I'd bet the extra 6-7 threads that look shiny on the heim are from the nut and not from the tube.

Holy on rk's nuts batman. If he has a 6.5" lift, and their trackbar only had 1 thread engaged, it's still their fault. They built it too short? If you sell a part for a specific purpose, offer a lifetime warranty, and it fails, it's on you. The jamb nut not being tight would not lead to failure, it can't unscrew. Either the bar was built too short, or the threads simply failed, but the jamb nut is a cop out excuse to not back a warranty.

Back